Chapter Thirty-Two

The next day, you stood in front of your mirror begrudgingly. You huffed as you pulled the full-length gown out of your closet and then out of its bag. You admired it, it was gorgeous. The dress itself was a strapless burgundy dress. It had a slit that ended in just the right place, and pockets. Those were always a plus.

It laid against you perfectly and you couldn't help but admire yourself in the mirror and bathe in the short-lived happiness this dress brought you. You knew this night would be long and the fear of confrontation daggered your heart. You knew Aaron would be your comfort tonight but you wish this didn't have to happen

As you finished styling your flat ironed pin-straight hair, you sprayed setting spray on your face and recollected yourself as you slipped your heels on. They were gold and strappy but gave you at least three inches and you wondered what it would be liked to see Aaron from the new angle.

You heard a knock at the door as you grabbed the chiffon scarf that you draped over your shoulder and arms instead. You knew it was Aaron at the door, but your heart pounded as you approached the door. Fearful of what the night with him would bring.

You opened the door and you swore that you heard Aaron gasp at you. His eyes opened wide and looked you up and down before he spoke. "Hey," he said, his voice like a deep suede that tickled your ears. Your body fluttered at his words.

"Hey," you said and a smile grew on your face. Aaron stood there in a charcoal grey suit and in his hand was a full bouquet of roses. "Happy Valentine's day, my love" you felt your body gush at his words as he took you in his arms and kissed you. The spark that you felt when he kissed you was there, and this time it was extremely electrifying.

You pulled out of the kiss, "You didn't have to get me those." you said to him and he laughed, "but yes I did have to." he said back to you. "It's valentine's day," he said in a ridiculous tone and you rolled your eyes at him. "C'mon let me put these in water," you said turning back into your house to put the flowers on a vase.

"You look amazing," he said to you while you filled up the vase and stuck the roses in them. "Now I see why you wanted the dress to be a surprise." he walked up behind you and slipped his hands into your pockets, feeling you up a bit.

"Are you gonna gawk at me all night?" you turned around and Aaron held you close again. "I dunno, can I?" he said back to you pressing a quick peck to your lips. "Hmmm, maybe... only maybe." you snickered back at him and he nodded. "Is that so?" he cheekily raised his eyebrows at you.

"I dunno is it? I guess we'll have to find out," you said as you took his hand and he guided the two of you to the car that was waiting outside. The man stepped out of the large black car and opened the door for the two of you.

"Aaron this is too nice," you said to him as he handed you the flute of champagne. "I wanted to put a nice spin on tonight. I know you are stressed," he said as his hand rested there as a comforting touch. "I just haven't seen them in four years, and we didn't leave on nice terms. I mean it's not like I wanted to." you sighed and took a large swig of your drink.

"I hope you know what you are getting yourself into with this." you sighed, "uh no actually I don't know what I am doing, please entail me." he looked at you.

"Okay" you sighed, "when we get there, there is an entryway and there will be people taking photos, like paparazzi, only because there are normally senators or politicians there. Don't worry they won't care about us." you gave him a reassuring glance because you could tell that he was somewhat fretting now that you mentioned it.

"I met Joe Biden once." you said and his eyes widened, "I was young and it was before he was a big politician and like the president, but yeah." you smiled like it was not a big deal but to Aaron apparently it was. "Biden, wow, you act like it's nothing." He was fangirling right in front of you.