Chapter Thirteen

Warning: shooting someone & death

You were pulled out of your thoughts, "Y/n you coming?" Emily said to you before you nodded and followed.

You two got into the SUVs alone and you let Emily drive because you did not feel like driving. You also knew that she was gonna interrogate you so it was better if her eyes were on the road and not yours. And yet the car ride was silent. Maybe she won't say anything...

"I know you want to ask me a million questions," you said to her frankly. "I'd rather have you annoy me than sit here in silence and pretend that nothing is on your mind. I thought we didn't do that to each other." you looked at her before she quickly glanced over.

"And I thought we didn't profile each other," Emily said back at you with a small grin. She was joking around but was also kind of serious. "That was not profiling, Em. A senseless rat could smell the tension in the car."

You made her laugh before she finally admitted wanting to ask a question. "I need to know what happened in that hotel room. He walked into the lobby and talked to us like he was not upset. and I know two too well, you two must've fought." She said before turning to look at you for a second but then pulled her eyes back on the road.

I need to tell her about everything, the office, the sex, the hickeys, the hugs. She is gonna kill me. What if I just extended the truth? What she doesn't know won't kill her.

"We argued for most of it," you said reluctantly. "Shocker," she said back at you and you laughed but rolled your eyes. "I was mad, he was mad, we yelled, and got over it." you finished talking. Emily hummed in response to tell you she understood and then paused for a second.

"So what aren't you telling me?" she said looking you right in the eyes. Fuck, I'm caught, I should just confess and get it over with.

"We slept.... In the same bed that night," you said before you continued. I've already lied. I might as well just keep it up.

"After we stopped fighting I showered because I smelled and when I finished I walked out of the shower to him in the room shirtless." Emily gasped slightly to mock you before she said, "Oh my, shirtless you say? Such scandal, you're the new Derek of the team." she finished fully making fun of you.

"Would you like me to continue or do you want to spend the rest of this car ride making fun of me?" You said seriously to her while she laughed. "Please continue, I'm sorry." she laughed again trying to contain a straight face.

"I don't know if you knew but Hotch is ripped. I thought he would have a dad bod but nope he is ripped all to shit. And before you say anything, no, I didn't just stand there and stare at him." you were trying to deflect any questions for fear that you would be caught in a lie.

"I coughed a little and then said 'i can leave if you want me to let you finish getting changed.' and then he looked at me and said 'It's not a big deal y/n' before he threw his shirt on." You heard Emily scoff

"Why are you scoffing?" you looked at her confused. "Well, he put his shirt on, he ended all the fun." you laughed before you nudged her in the arm. "Emily, he is our boss, it would be weird if he stayed shirtless."

Little does she know I have seen way more than just him shirtless.

"So then he looked at the bed for a second and asked me if I wanted him to take the couch and I felt bad so I said no." You said basically excusing your actions, that wasn't even real. "So we slept in the same bed." you finished hoping that Emily would take that as an answer.

You guys had pulled up to the station before Emily started to talk again.

"Are you sure that's it?" she said before you answered, "Em, believe me, I would tell you if anything more happened, I literally told you about Reid's boner, all limits are off, I tell you everything." you finished. I feel like a master manipulator but Em just can't know, not yet at least.