Chapter Twenty-Seven

The car ride was short, silently you sat in the back while Derek drove the car filled with JJ and Reid. The police station was hopping with officers that looked like they didn't know what to do and worried families of kids and aunts to those who were murdered. You all waited outside before the rest of the team showed up and when they did, you introduced yourselves to the one in charge.

You trailed behind the team as Aaron walked in the front, you heard him greet a man in a suit. "Officer Dansby. I'm Agent Aaron Hotchner, I assume you talked on the phone with our technical analyst Penelope Garcia. This is my team, Agents David Rossi, Derek Morgan, Jennifer Jareau, Y/F/N Y/L/N, Emily Prentiss, and Doctor Spencer Reid." You each shook the man's hand as Reid threw up an awkward peace sign to avoid the handshake.

"We will need a separate room and a board to set up the profile," He said as the man guided you all into another room. Aaron turned to you guys separate from the man, "JJ, Reid, and Prentiss go to the mortician's office to look at the bodies. Rossi, you and I will start the profile here with the officers, and Derek and y/n go to the apartment of the crime scene."

You hated every second after you heard that, the cocky grin that formed on his face was sickening. Derek put his arm around your shoulders, "This is going to be a fun day." you walked out of his hold before yelling across the room, "you are driving."

The two of you got into the SUVs and it was a silent drive that settled. Derek kept looking over at you like he wanted to say something, and you could feel his eyes on you. You hated that he knew something that you didn't. You hated how he was such a pain in the ass sometimes.

"What is it, I know you have something you want to tell me," you said laughing slightly, "I can feel your eyes, and the fact that you keep looking back and forth from me and the road is a major give away." you were staring at him now waiting for him to break his grin and speak.

"So you and hotch, huh"

"Oh what the fuck" you said turning completely away from him, he was laughing so hard at his words and your reaction. "How did... oh god how much did Garcia tell you?" you asked him, completely regretting making him do your paperwork earlier.

"Now I had my suspicions, but the baby girl always pulls through." he said chuckling, "and mamas, I don't know what you said to her, but it took a hell of a lot to get it out," he said shaking his head.

"I told her that Emily didn't know, which was a lie but I mean it kept her silent for a while, god I mean at this rate the whole office knows." you sighed at your words.

"Woah Woah Woah, Reid knew before me?" he sounded greatly offended at this proposition.

"Honestly I don't even know, Rossi caught us in an elevator, Emily picked me up from his house, and an odd thing happened at a bar that was too much of a coincidence for it to actually be a coincidence, so I think Reid knows." you didn't really think before speaking but at this rate, there was no point in hiding because you assumed Garcia told him everything.

"Okay so you guys are dating?" he looked shocked to hear what you were saying.

"Uh... no" you were hesitant at your words this time but you decided that you might as well let it out. You sighed kind of loudly out of habit and Derek picked up on it. "Is there something more you want to share?" he knew you needed someone to vent to.

"I uh... I did a bunch of stupid things so there is a bit of a riff between us right now." you hated opening up like this, but you wanted advice and figured Derek could give some.

"Come on, it can't be that bad, if there really is something there it'll figure itself out." he was playing along with your vague sentence, giving even more vague advice because he was confused.