Chapter Twenty-Three

Your hands were on the wheel of your car and yet you couldn't seem to drive. You sat in the driveway of your house waiting for something to tell to that it was time to leave. You had told Aaron that you would be there no later than 7:30 but there you were sitting in your driveway at 7:25 unable to move.

But then it kicked in, the adrenaline rush that hit you when you thought of him. You just wanted to be with him right now, he seemed to be the only other comfort you had. The other being self-soothing, which clearly wasn't working.

You pressed your foot on the gas and sped off, without a care in the world if speed cameras tagged you. You just wanted to be at his house, you wanted to be with him, and before you knew it, your normal fifteen-minute drive was only ten.

You had deja vu of the night Emily picked you up from his house, the night you agreed on what you two were doing, the night that you decided that it would be a friend with benefits thing, you wanted to change that, you needed to change it.

Your heart pounded as you moved your hand to the door. You tapped lightly three times trying to ignore that you could practically hear your heartbeat. Its thump that sped up when you heard the door begin to open.

You saw him and you felt your cheeks grow red. His face lit up when he saw yours.

"Hey," he said calmly but his smile was beaming, excited to see you.

"Hi," you said sheepishly though your adrenaline was through the roof.

He welcomed you into the house and gave you a quick hug. You felt like you could feel his heartbeat as his hand was as shaky as he hugged you. Both of your nerves were evident.

"How was the end of the case?" you didn't want to talk about the case but it was the only thing that you seemed to spit out.

"Oh um once Reid got his pattern down we had him, he was dumping the bodies in Mississippi in alphabetical order, he was an OCD patterned sociopath." he tried to play it off like the case was a breeze to keep your mind off of it, but you knew how tough it had been when all of you were there.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, wondering if the time off he gave you was enough to calm down. "I'm okay now I just... um that case was a lot for me. I really don't want to talk about it," you said back to him trying to end the conversation of that.

His hand laced in yours as he walked you through the house, his touch was delicate but it held you tightly. As you stopped in the living room the beautiful smell of food lingered in the aromas. You hadn't eaten anything in almost two days, and for once, your body was telling you to eat.

As much as you wanted him, and you wanted him badly, you physically could not handle sex right now. "Do you mind if we just watch a movie or something, I know that I normally just come here for... uh..." you cleared your throat avoiding the word, "we don't really do this but i-"

you became worried and hesitant with your words as you second-guessed what you were asking him. You knew that he wanted you there for sex but you just needed company at the moment.

You continued  "Aaron, right now I just, I need someone, I really just don't want to be alone right now" you felt your face flush and your eyes water slightly. He pulled you close and your heart practically fell in your stomach. You had a feeling he was going to ask you to leave. You looked down trying to avoid his eyes, you were embarrassed.

"Y/n, hey" his hand tucked under your chin as he pulled your face up to look at you, "I am just happy you are here. I just want you here with me." he smiled slightly as he looked at you, "I want to make sure you're okay, I like having you around, its not all about the sex" his words became sweeter as he continued.