Day 38-40: Worker-san

On the equivalent of Tuesday Worker-san logged in early. Since her roommate was still offline and she had time before her first lesson she decided to practice her Synthesis abilities.

She pulled out all the skin scrolls she had and synthesized them together one by one. When she was done she had sixty large skins covered in coal writing. Once again she synthesized them together creating thirty thin booklets of four page each, then fifteen of ten pages and continued doing so until she had one book with thirty pages. It had no cover and was poorly bounded but it was still a book.
Since she had to use for a book filled with alphabet letters and numbers she reverse synthesized it into small scrolls then synthesized it into a book again and again until her room mate woke up.

They went to breakfast and separated on their way to class. this morning lesson was Basic Death Affinity. It was quite similar to Life affinity with the study of the science of the world except that instead of studying what kept people alive they studied what happened to them once dead. Once again she received a list of recommended books to read and vigilantly took notes.
The afternoon was Medical science. There she listened the teacher talk about the human body.

"Our bodies are like machines. Once you understand how it works you should be able to mend any wound. the first thing you will learn is..."

They then each received books with the words bones, muscles and blood systems in their title or chapter titles. at the end of the book Worker-san noticed a list of source books and copied it down with plans to borrow them.

Once the lesson was over she went to the library and return the books on Life and Dark Affinity and borrowed those on from her Death Affinity and Medical Science lessons.
She then went to her room to find an exited room mate. Apparently she had learned he spell fireball and was planing on going hunting with a few friends.
Worker-san watched her go, not understanding why she was exited to go kill things, and once again read up all evening.
When her room mate came back she had to stop and listened to her fight with a couple of rabbits.
As if it was an exploit.

The thirty ninth day was a little more interesting.
The teacher held a demonstration in class with the Light Element.

"What am i holding?" She said while putting her hand in a cupnform. Since there was nothing in them a student answered "air". It was the wrong answer. She asked the students to close the curtains and blow off the candle and finally they were able to see it. Light. She was holding a ball of light.

"Light is invisible. Only in darkness can you see it. The same thing can be said of the Dark. They are opposites and complements. With the Light Affinity you willnlearn to duffuse curses, grand curses and hexes, and discover how to buff yourself or your companons and allies."

The Light Affinity class was very similar to the Dark Affinity one and Worker-san had no difficulties following it.

In the afternoon she went back to her room to find a note from her room mate saying she was out hunting. Worker-san spent the afternoon reading books about Alchemy. She discovered the Energy Drink recipe and learned how to extract poison from a venom gland and how to turn it into an antidote through a complicated alchemic process.
She noted everything down with care.
After diner her room mate came back and complained about her lack of stamina.

"If you bring me the ingredient i will make you Energy Drinks."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Why not."
"Thanks!"

And with that they had a deal.

The next day was her second lesson of Life Affinity and Rituals. Since she had already obtained her Affinity the teacher made her transfer magical energy charged with the Life Affinity from herself to small bulbs.
Her goal was to make them sprout.
She had ten bulbs.
None grew.

Then was the Basic Ritual lesson. The last time she had tried the Chinese tea ceremony but disliked it. Today, she wanted to try the Greek amazonian dancing.
When she arrived she directly went to the old women covered in fur and asked to be part of her group. she was accepted.

"Today we do the ceremonial dance of the sisterhood. It is practiced when a new Amazone joins the tribe or passes away. It signifies the bond between all Amazones where they welcome and bid you farewell. A joining of the tribe. A tribute to what is to come, weather in life or in death."

She sat and started ponding on a tambourin. the other members started to dance immediately. Worker-san, her, was confused.
There was no instructions, no indications just the tambourin.
In the end she just moved according to her own will, following the rithm of the percussion and accompanying the other girls.
Her body, that had been cooked up for so long relished the stressless exercise and she felt herself truly open to the dance. She stopped worrying about the others and what she was doing and danced with the music.
The tambourin was joined by another... silouettes of women clad in fur and hide, dancing under the stars around a pit fire and singing and humming... their bodies moving in unison, incarnation of femininity and power... perfect control of their movement yet in total abandon...
For what seemed like hours she danced with the amazones, one part of a whole. When the tambourin stopped she was spent but at peace. she sat down and let the buzzing feeling inside her calm down.

"It seems the spirits of my sisters reconise you as worthy of becoming an Amazone... If you ever wish to become one come to me. I shall iniciate you to their secrets."

Worker-san oppened her eyes, looking for the one the old women was talking to and realised she was the one.

"Thank you. i won't forget your offer."

The rest of the day was spent louging in her bed with a book on the Amazone culture.