Day 31-32: Balt

On the next day Balt logged in a little later than usual due to private matters in the real life. To catch up he ran all the way from the orphanage to the smithie. He went back to the same smelter as the previous day and prepared to smelt the last of his ores.

He wanted to try to produce Bronze but had no idea of the ratio so he placed twenty brass ores into the smelter and added ten tin an hour later. He did another batch using fifteen kilos of brass and tin each and a third with ten of brass and fifteen of tin. Each time he produced three ingots of five kilos.

With a ingot of each batch in hand he went to see his master and asked wich was the best. From his explaination Balt calculated that the best ration of brass and tin was 2:1. He therefore smelted the two other batches together into six ingots and the other ores into Bronze. It took him nearly the whole day.
At the end the craft master made him open the smalter completely.

"Look, you see the part under the tube? Thats where all the impurities go. Twice a month the smelter is
Cleaned and the tarr, thats what we call the left overs, are sold to the builders. They use it for houses fondations. After cleaning a smelter you fill its botom with some coal and close it. But remember: Never estinguish the fire!"

After this last warning Balt was done for the day and stopped by river to wash of the sweat. That is when he received the message.

[The Coming Of Age Ceremony is about to start.
All Children that has decided on their Basic Class shall present themselves to the central place to meet the Lord.
Spectators are allowed.]

Following the instructions he left the river and started walking to the central place. It was packed with people.
A man that Balt understood was the village lord came and did a speech then an old man started calling peoples names. Balt was among the first to be called and loudly declared wishing to be a crafter. His master came out of the crowd and added that he reserved me as his apprentice which the lord approved.

After everyone passed their was a party where everyone drank ate and danced.
••••
-STATUS-
•General
Name: Balt
Age: 15
Sex: Male

•Class - Basic Crafter
Specialisation/rank/job: Smith Aprentice
Civilisation: None
Nationality: Last City -Free man

•Physical improvements
[Stamina Up]
[Strenth Up]

•Mental Aptitudes

•Education
Languages: [Comon Language]
Cultures:
History:

•Skills
[Mining]
[Mineral Apraisal]
[Smelting]
[Mineral Combination]

•Armor
City Clothing: Dirty Old Tunic and Trousers, String Belt,
Light armor:
Intermediary Armor:
Heavy Armor:

•Weapons
Right Hand:
Right Hand secondary:
Left Hand:
Left Hand secondary:

•Invenrory
Pick-axe, Magic chest perchment,
Magic-Chest: Copper ingot 5k (25), Bronze ingot 3k (28), Silver ingot 1k (30), Iron ingot 3k (47), quarts stone (46)