Day 15-32: Ûl

Ûl had no idea how to make the wooden swords heavier so she went to her menthor. He told her that he sometime made staff weapons sturdier by adding metal inside. It made the manufacturing complicated but the product would be much sturdier and deadly.

His technique consisted of digging a long circular hole in the length of the wood and put a resin deeped metal rod inside. As it dried the resin would glue the rod to the wood and prevent it from moving inside the staff weapon. Of course the metalic tube was forged with presise measurements so that it filled the entire length of the staff and so that its diameter was the right size.
For the following hours Ûl emptied the wooden blades of ll the swords she had done while writting down the correct mesurments of the hollow parts for each sword type. Then she went to the potter and asked for molds corresponding to those measurments.
She picked them up by night fall and spend the rest of the night at the forge, using the remaining ingots forge the metal.
After that it was just a questîon of inserting the metal into the wooden blades, fix the guard and hilt to cover the oppening and use leather to reemforse the whole thing.
After swinging a few swords herself she decided to only make weigted blades from now on.

The next day, the boy came to receive his swords. He was Ûl's first personal client and had given her this incredible opportunity when he had delivered the draft. As a result she always sold the blades for a little bit less than she did others.
The rest of the week was similar to that day: making swords by carving and forging, huntkng a few hours on ger own in the forest while concentrating on small and fast targets to higten her senses and speed reaction and gathering wood to carve while mining any ore deposit she saw.

When the 24th day of gaming came arround she got tirred of playing alone and decided to go with a group of players.
She saw a group of players wering robes and garbs close to the village gate and went to them.

"Hello, excuse me. Are you planing on going to the forest?"
"We are"
"Hum... Just the four of you?"
"...Yes... Is it not good?"
"Well, you can probably defeat the bunnies snakes and lone wolfs but ypu will be killed at the first pack you see."
"Oh... What about you? Won't you be killed too?"
"I'm fast and agile enough to climb in the trees and shot them from above if needed."

The group thanked her for her advice and started going around looking for others, close combat types to go with them. When they did, two swordsman, she went with them to the forest on their invitation.

At first the swordman would run up to the preys and leave the rest of them behind, they had to catch up to him then invoque their spell through a long chant before being able to fight. By the time the mage were ready, the swordman had already killed the wolfs. So Ûl proposed she braught the mobs herself and they readied themselves to receive them in a clearing she knew of.
It worked well. At first she would agro lone wolfs, then paks of threes then four then five. Five was the limit, even with the help of the swordman and herself the mage took too much damage if they went up to six wolves.

She met with the mages for the next eight days. At first they hunted wolves but at some point they became too weak and they moves to the gellies that were found in a cave near a river.
Since gellies were impervious to slicing and piercing attack, Ûl would punch, kick and hit them with her bow while the mages would lunch magical fireballs waterballd, peddles and wind blades. From time to time a heavy damage dealer would join them and their hunting speed would increase.

There was three types of gellie. Te green one would poison you of one damage every second, the red one would make your skin incredibly itchy rippîg your concentration away from the fight and the blue one would paralyse you, leaving you vulnerable to attacks.
At the very end of the cave was a Big Green Gelly. Everytime you would kill it it would drop a Green Nucleus which was described as a material.

When she sold all the gellies and nucleus she received a total of 46 silvers and 30 coppers.

On her 31st day of gaming, the craft master back in the woodworkshop came to her.

"Tomorow is the ceremony of coming of age. Have you chosen your Class yet?"
"Yes, i want to become a Hunterso i will chose the villager class."
"Hum... I see. I hope it works well. It is a shame to loose such a talented craftmen through."
"Thank you for all you did for me."
"Humpf, of course. here, this is your share of the wooden swords. 60% of the sale price on each since you've provided the materials and worked alone to produce them."

It was a total of 1 gold and 40 silvers!

"I also want to buy any swords you still have at 65% of theuir selling price."
"Deal."
"Okay, then here."

Another 84 Silvers.

With 2 Gold 70 Silvers and 30 Copper Coins in her sachel she left the workshop for good. At the forge she expected the same thing but since she only started a few days later than woodworking it did not happen.
Instead she went to the mine and extracted ores from it all day long.
On the next day she smelted them and poured the molten metal into arrow heads molds. After deeping them into the watter barrel she stacked them in her sachel and sat outside, close to the river at the outer rim of the village. There she carved all the branches she had gathered durring her hunt into arrows. By the end of the afternoon she was attaching the heads to the shafts.

After receiving a message telling her that the ceremony was starting she packed everything and went to the central place where she proclamed her will to become a villager and partied with the rest of the village.
Just as midnight stoke an other message arrived.

[congratulation, you have grown!
Your physical apparence shall change to reflect your action of the last month, skills and apritudes you have kearned will forever be with you and cannot be lost anymore.
It is advised you reset your status plate, change clothes and look at your reflexion as soon as possible.]

She did as told. Her red hair had grown, her arms had more muscles and she noticed that her eyes saw farther and better than before.

"Oh, a physical upgrade! Does it improve hunting too?"

Currious she went to the forest to check if it did. Alone, in the middle of the night, she hunted snakes and bats as id they were nothing.

"It does!!"

-EQUIPMENT-
Weapon : children long bow
Secondary Weapon : pick axe
Clothes: fur boots, fur tunic and trouser tring belt.
-INVENTORY-
46SC 30CC Rabbit/squirrel/wolf fur and meat, snake scales and meat,