Day 8-14: Worker-san

Worker-san connected in the Orphanage and, like every time took the skin scrolls and the coal shard before leaving. She played with her dog a bit before going to a hunter's shed to buy propose to cleane his hunting knifes in exchange for the bones he had extracted from its preys. She did so at the river and returned the hunting knife to their owner before going to the library.

She had grown tired of the Ancient Chinese and decided to change the subject. She went to the library counter and asked for a subject list.
Among them three subjects interested her: "Labirinths and Dungeons of the Second Era", "Anciens Language and Alphabets" and "Evolution of OneSelf".

She went to the shelfs indicated by the file and took seven large volumes and a dozen thin ones with her to a reading table.
She started with learning the Ancient European Language by writing each character a hundred time each on her scrolls. Then she found the volume about Ancient European Numerical Alphabet and did the same.

[You have learned the Ancient European Language. it is now possible for you to read, write and speack the Ancient European Language]

After that she ran out of scrolls and decided to read about the Europeans themselves. At mid day she fed some bones to her dog and had luch with one of the libraries attendant, they chatted about the Europeans castles and their architecture. On the afternoon she read one of the dungeon books and studied their formation, traps and levels.

[Through constant study you now understand the Base of Dungeon Architecture.]

When it was time for the library to close she left with one of the dungeon books and went to the Artist Guild.

In front of it she found a man painting the night sky and observed him for a while. Inside, another was using a hammer and a carving knife to create a status, one was working on a gravure of a wood plaque and another was filling geometric forms with colored paints.

Only sparing a glance to those around her, Worker-san walked to the closest counter.

"Good evening"
"Good evening"
"... What can i do for you?"
"I would like to learn how to draw."
"Don't you already know how to?"
"...Possibly. In that case i would like to learn further."
"What kind of artist are you?"
"I... i dont know."
"Hum... in that case why do you want to draw?"
"I want to copy and complete maps and magic circle formations."
"You are a cartographer?"
"no."
"Then you want to be?"
"No"
"... How complecated."
"I just read about some dungeons but the maps are scattered and mostly unclear so i thought i would redo them..."
"... How diligent of you. Here, take this pencil and paper scrolls. Go to the second floor and ask for Drafting table. They are usually reserved for the architects but tell the person in charge that i sent you. And take this, its a basic architectural drafting instruction book. That should help you a bit."

Worker-san thanked the clerc as she took the large book and went upstairs. A man with grey hair and a monocle asked what she wanted and she said she needed a Drafting table. Seing the Architecture related book he let her pass without further questioning.

She went to the drafting table and found a series of rulers and a compas next to it. Sheput the first paper scroll on the table and pulled the Labirinth and Dungeon of the Second Era book. She selected one of the dungeons that was close to The Last City and started studying it.

It was a small dungon composed of one entrance, five rooms and seven passages, one of them leading under the entrance. Another map added later showed that a eigth passage was hidden and lead to several other rooms and passages. According to the book those were inhabited by stronger monsters and would be deadly to beginer adventurers.
Grabbing the pencil she started copying the map from the book, leaving out the ower levels for now. She added a small cross annotation where the only trap that had ever been reported used to be and wrote the name of the Dungeonand "Level 0" above the map. After that she did the same with the passage underneath the entrance and the second tougher part of the dungeon on another scroll, naming it "Level -1"
Then on a separate piece of paper she brew simple but accurate draft of a small stocky being clothed in a torn cloth. Under it she added a small description.

"Goblin:
-Humanoid Monster.
-attack in groups
-uses tools
-kidnap women to breed
-to kill on sight"
"HobGoblin:
-Humanoid Monster, 2nd mutation
-Attacks in groups
-Uses tools
-Kidnap women to breed
-novices and trainees should flee on sight."

[You have completed your first map.
You can now sell/donate it at a shop, guild or organisation of your choice.]

[you are the first to completely map and detail the dungeon "Southern Goblin Cave"
All shall praise and thank you for this.]

She spent the next six days in the same fashion, studying a new language in the morning then learn of the civilisation through a chat during lunch, reading about a dungeon in the afternoon and drawing a map of it in the evening.
She played and fed her dog just after logging in and before logging off.
By the end int he second week, she had completed six maps, learned the four principal languages of The Last City and learned of their civilisation too.
••••