Day 64-110: Balt

For the next few days Balt went to the library.
He read all the books about smithing that he could find, taking notes of each blade name and form as he read and doing diagrams and sketches of those that were represented. He also found references to strategic and historical volumes that described more weapons and armor pieces than he knew existed.

By the end of the second week he had approximately forty new swords to try to forge and designs for several type of armors.

So he went back to the smithy and forged.
He started by repairing all the weapons that his master had brought. The process was slow, he had to take off the hilt, warm the blade until it was red and hammer it until all bumps and dents were gone.
Then he melted the broken ones and those with low stats to extract their metal.
It took him two days to do so.

The next day he took out all the bronze and iron ingots he had in his chest and started melting them. Balt poured the molten metal into barre shaped molds and put them to cool.
He did so for half a day. When he was done he had more than fifty bronze barres and around a hundred iron ones.

He put a bronze barre into the forge and waited for it to redden. When it did he shifted it to the anvil and started hammering it down. When the barre lost its red color he would put it back in the forge for a while. For the rest of the day he hammered the barre on the anvil, flattening, folding and shaping it into a long sword. Using a much smaller piece of metal and a steel carving knife he fashioned the guard and hilt too.

He did five long sword in the following three days, each with a different sized hilt and guard shape. He called them Long Sword 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Using the system he registered each one as Long Sword Design 1 to 6. It was a question of aestetism for the guard and practicability for the hilt. From now on customers would have the opportunity to choose what type of long sword they wish and he would forge it for them.

For the next twelve days he did the same for each type of swords he had already done. By then he had more than thirty sword types and each had variants of large, standard or small, flat or curved, round or cross shaped guards while the hilt was found in three different length and five width.

Kopesh, Kukhri, Gladius, Rapier, Templar, Scimitar, Tang, Arm-blade and Serbian Swords... Those were his target for the next two weeks. They were among the swords that he discovered in the tactical and historical books.
For a week he produced an exemplary of each. Because their crafting process was new he failed and had to start again a few times. Then he made variant of their hilts and guards just like the other swords.

That added an extra dozen swords to his already vast catalogue.