Day 6-7: Propheus and Zeo

The weekend.
Somehow the days that were suposed to be spent relaxing were actualy disreguarded. The trainees, both soldier and mercenaries, kept their daily ritual of running arround the military compound, exercising their body and practicing until weapon mastery was acheived.

"A soldiers is only as strong as its
Basic Training... Suffer more now to suffer less later... One more lap... One more step..."

Those were the words said to trainees on the verge of quiting at the end of the first week of gaming.

Propheus who had been giving a hundred and twenty persent of his energy and mind to the training had to admit that it was the truth, he had suffered early in the training but now felt that he could run twice as fast and longuer he used too and that his pike was much lighter than it used to be.

On the evenings he would go hunting with others and started piling up Coppers. His goal was to obtain enough money to buy his first piece of equipment.
As he worked out into, dirtied and then cleaned his clothes their appearance slowly changed from nice to old and torn off so he changed back into the dirty old clothes that everyone started into to preserve the quality of his clothes.
On sunday's afternoon, his master called him.
"Tell me, is there something special you wish to learn?"
"Anything i want?"
"As long as i can, yes"
"Please teach me how to swim."
"Very well"

After that his
Master took a long rope and led him to the river where he started his new lesson.
He had to smim along the curent while being secured by the rope and his master. Because his stamina quickly depleted he had to often take a breack and eat something or he would faint and drown.
For four hours he trained in the water with his master's assistance and the rope as a life line.
After wich he dried himself in the sun and logged off.
••••
Zeo on his end was still struggling to obtain swords. He hunted rabbits one after the other with his axes before selling their hide, meat and bones to the several shops.
He did so for the whole day, then he noticed a scroll close to the butchers door.

[In need of Boar meat.
Will pay 1 Silver per kilo
Present meat to butcher]

After this Zeo decided to look for a boar. He entered the
Forest for the first time and wandered aimlessly.
He crossed path with a few lone wolfs and managed to kill them. At some point however he was attacked by a pack of five wolves and was respowed at the village central place.

It was his fist time dying....

He sold the wolf pelts and meat before going to the village gate. This was where players went to look for a party.
Most of them were mercenaries and mages types, the soldiers often went together.

Zeo was invited by a four people party made of a mage capable of throwing fire balls, a crafter holding a bag full of cataplasm and antidotes, an archer with a full pack of arrows and a swordman holding a short sword and a shield.

After me they took in another swordman, two handed sword, bringing the capacity of the party to its maximum.

All of us then went to the foresr and hunted. the archer would scout the forest using its agility then agro any carnovores towards us, where the mage and me would wound him from afar and the two swordman would finish off.
We used the same tactic for a long time, hunting lone wolves and several boars one after the other.
The crafter would then scalp the pelt off them and devde the meat equaly.

As Zeo talked with him he realised that by learning how to prcess scalps into leather or skin he could sell them to the fouble of their original price.

Each time the crafter woud process an animal's body he ould no watch closely.
Cut arround the neck, along the stomac,use the tip of the blade to separate the kin from the mucle, slip a hand in and unatach the two delicatly slowly. Cut of the head. Retreave the clows from the slaped carcass, open the stomac, empty it of the digestive system. The insides can be used as bait, burry them otherwise. Bring the prepared carcass to the butcher.

After the last trip back to the forest, Zeo had a total of 27 Silvers and 11 Copper. He had earned much less per kill because he shared with the party but had hunted much faster and more than he could have on his own.

More importantly, he now had enough to by a sword!
Satisfied he logged off after hunting a few more rabbits on his own.