33. The Archer

Week 2, January 1978 (same day, continued

Week 2, January 1978 (same day, continued..)

It took a whole minute before Kelsey responded and she only did when she was sure that what she had heard was indeed correct.

"By him you mean.." Kelsey said just to confirm.

"Remus," Astrid looked at her wide-eyed, mortification seeping from every pore.

It took some effort to not double over in laughter. Astrid's pained look did the trick. The blonde continued to eye the suitcase that Kelsey had snatched away.

"And your response is to pack your bags and leave?!" Kelsey exclaimed.

"Says the girl who was ready to drown herself in the Black Lake two months ago!" Astrid shrieked hysterically.

The two girls were silent for a moment before Astrid lunged for her trunk on Kelsey's bed to which Kelsey responded by physically trying to stop her.

"I am going to leave this school, move to Bulgaria, and live as a nun," Astrid proclaimed, reaching for the trunk just as Kelsey body-slammed into her, pinning her down.

"No you're not," Kelsey went to grab her friend's hands.

"It's only befitting given the sinful ways of how I conduct myself in my friendship with him. I'm a harlot!"

"Yeah?" Kelsey breathed. "Well, join the club! Kinky Kelpie and Friends. You can be my new vice-president." She went to swat Astrid's hand away from the trunk by hitting her arms.

They continued their squabble until Astrid somehow managed to knock Kelsey off of her by slamming her head back and hitting her friend in the nose.

Kelsey fell back with an Ouch! to which Astrid panicked and shuffled over to check her injury.

"Kels! Oh my, Helga! I'm so sorry!!" Astrid started fussing over her when -

"WHAT IN THE-?!" Doreen, one of their dorm-mates yelled as she entered the room only to see Kelsey lying on her bed, clutching her nose with Astrid hovering over her with both their uniforms ruffled and both extremely red in the face.

Astrid squeaked.

"Ishh noff whaff it looffs lyfe," Kelsey sent a sheepish smile, her voice muffled as she tried to ignore the pain.

Ϟ

"Uh Moony.." Sirius began, sounding unsure as he stared at what he couldn't believe on the Marauders Map. But his friend didn't respond. He had been really distracted since the moment he had gotten back to the dorms that evening.

"Moony," Sirius now poked him.

"What, Padfoot?" he snapped.

"Am I going barmy or are Astrid and Kelpie's footprints really awfully close on the map?" Sirius said.