35. dorothea

A/N: Reminder that the chapter titles are LITERAL and do NOT allude to the meaning behind the song in this story.

Ϟ

Week 3, February 1978

"Sirius."

Something sharp stung Sirius in the chest. It felt like a light slap. He groaned and turned away. It was too early for this.

"Sirius." The person calling out his name sounded a little more panicked now. He felt a hand reach out and turn him back. A pillow hit him in the face hard and he woke up pretty much instantly.

"What the-" His eyes shot open and he went to glare at the person next to him but he stopped when he saw Kelsey Jones, half-naked, hopping on one leg as she pulled a sock up her feet while standing up. She stopped to throw a pile of clothes over at him.

"We're late. Hurry up!" She hopped on the other leg now, to repeat the same. Sirius slowly got up and sifted through his uniform. He noticed that her shirt was half-tucked into her skirt. Her robes lay over the edge of the bed in the Room of Requirement.

If someone had told him on the first day of classes that in a few months, he'd be jumping into bed with the literal enemy, he would have paid for their consultation at St. Mungos' psychiatry department. 

But now as he watched her, hopping around the room in a hurry trying to put on that darn piece of clothing on her foot -how was it taking her that long to do that? - he realised that it had been a long time in the making. Probably since the moment she flipped him off on day one. A girl truly after his own heart.

When Sirius took no initiative to get dressed Kelsey looked at him only to find him staring at her chest already.

"Don't mind me. Just admiring the view," he drawled lazily, sitting back on the bed, as her hopping only made her chest bounce more.

"You perv!" she shrieked as she finally put on that sock.

"That wasn't what you were telling me last night," he replied, as images of their Tuesday night romp in the hay came to his mind. They had come a long way from their Saturday afternoon delight. 

It had only been three days and they had given in again. Teenage hormones and whatnot. Sirius also found out that he could be quite persuasive especially when he had her keening in frustration as he teased her. 

"Yes, well there won't be any of that if we don't make it to class. It's almost eight, you git!"

"WHAT?! Well, why didn't you say so?!" Sirius demanded. He got up and started throwing on his clothes in a random fashion.

"Oh, and you thought that I just happened to enjoy making a fool of myself?" she retorted in good fun.

"I mean, it wouldn't be the strangest thing you've done," he pretended to think. "Two words, Jones: Slobber. Chicken."