31. illicit affairs

Week 2, January 1978

Where was she? Sirius was getting restless.

He peeked his head out the door of the empty classroom to keep an eye out for Kelsey. According to Moony, she should be passing by anytime now. He nervously felt for the contraption in his uniform pocket checking for the hundredth time that it was there.

As soon as he heard footsteps, he stepped back into the darkness of the classroom, pulling the cloak over himself. He could hear her humming one of the songs she usually would. As per Sirius' instructions, Moony had made himself scarce a few minutes before leaving her alone on patrol.

This was his plan for getting back at her. She'd made it clear that their recent change in relationship status, thought Sirius smugly, had no effect whatsoever on their other tiff. The idea only made him more excited. It made her seem more appealing to him.

Although he hadn't expected her to be that brutal. Whispers of Sirius hung about the castle even a few days later. Of course, the boys thought it was hilarious. 

At one point even Prongs had said: 'Padfoot, mate. You need to snatch her up soon.' Of course, Sirius hadn't told any of them the truth yet. 

The whistling grew louder and he knew it was time. Just like many times before, he shot a hand out to grab her and pulled her into the classroom. She was about to shriek when he spun her around to face him in the dark.

"You. Need. To. Stop. Doing. That." She immediately started smacking him. With a smirk, he took in her flushed face as she got her breathing back in control.

He pushed her against the wall, trapping her in with his hands up on both sides of the wall. "Black," she started off in a warning tone but instead of listening he simply went for it and captured her lips with his.

Mad as he was, who was he to deny the urge to kiss her every time he saw her? They riled each other up in the best ways possible.

All thoughts of patrolling went out the window the moment Sirius' lips touched hers. 

Was this why parents told girls to stay away from boys? Kelsey wondered. 

She was in heaven as he kissed along her jawline and she frankly didn't care why she had stayed away for so long. Other than the fact that no one had made her feel that way to date and it still petrified her. This was none other than the very same boy who had been labelled as the Bane of her Existence until a few weeks ago.

"You really need to stop doing that," she said but tilted her head back to give him better access to her neck regardless.

"Doing what?" he whispered hoarsely, as he continued sucking on her neck.

"The hickeys," she sighed. Her eyes were closed to focus on the feeling of his lips on her neck once again.

She thought he'd be off avoiding her or planning something but here he was. She brought his face up to hers again, deepening the kiss when the classroom door suddenly burst open.