25. epiphany

Week 3, November 1977

"I can't believe you did that Padfoot. That was really reckless even for you!" Kelsey heard a familiar voice seethe.

Wait. Where was she?

The first thing Kelsey felt was the cold, hard ground. Her back hurt and she had no choice but to slowly open her eyes. She was on the floor of some old dilapidated room. Glancing around, she spotted Sirius, Astrid and Remus arguing in hushed tones.

Right, she had been knocked out. The last thing she remembered was Remus' panic-stricken face as he tried to reach out to save her back at the Three Broomsticks. 

That got her blood boiling again. How dare they?!

She propped herself up on her elbows and cleared her throat. Astrid immediately rushed over.

"Kelsey! Thank Merlin!" she started fussing over her. Still angry, Kelsey swatted her friend's attention away. Astrid's face dropped a little but she stuck to where she was without budging.

"What the fuck guys?" she accused.

"Sorry 'bout that Jones," Sirius was the first one to speak. "Had to make sure you wouldn't throw a fuss," he shrugged. He sent a half-sorry look her way but she continued to glare daggers at him.

"A fuss? A fuss?!" Kelsey got up and dusted off her dress. "You assaulted and kidnapped me!" If looks could kill Sirius Black would be ten feet under. More than angry, Kelsey was hurt. Why was she the only one who had been shocked at the revelation?

"I agree," Remus stepped forward cautiously. Kelsey stiffened taking in his presence. "That was unnecessary. You know how he can get. I'm really sorry you had to find out this way If it helps both Astrid and I weren't happy." The werewolf looked even more guilty and tired than he had at the beginning of the day.

Kelsey felt almost sorry. "Right you and Astrid," she spat her friend's name. So I'm the only idiot who didn't know this whole time?" she scoffed.

"Kelsey.." Astrid began in a pleading tone, begging her friend to look at her but she stayed fixated between Remus and Sirius.

"Fine," Kelsey crossed her arms. "But he needs to apologise." She threw Sirius a look. Remus nudged Sirius. He cleared his throat.

"Right..erm. Sorry about that once again Jones," he sent her a. "Although you did make a neat sight swooning in my arms," he joked but Remus shook his head.

Next to Kelsey, Astrid was nervously shifting on the spot.

"So you're a werewolf.." she eyed Remus.

He let out a tired sigh. "I'm a werewolf."

Remus motioned for her to sit down on the bed in the corner of the room and she did. He took a seat next to her while the other two watched. He explained everything to her. Right from being bit at a young age to how his friends found out to how they became animagi for him.