8. ...Ready For It?

September 2, 1977  

"Are you sure about this?" Astrid eyed Kelsey nervously as they stood in their dorm getting ready for the first day of their seventh year.

The other girls in their dorm ignored them as always. In the last six years, Kelsey and Astrid, and the other three girls had come to an unspoken understanding of staying out of each other's way. It was either that or the fact that they were low-key scared of Kelsey, as Astrid suspected.

"Yes," Kelsey sounded determined as she fixed her tie and put on her robes.

"That you want to take on the Marauders?" Astrid clarified.

"Just the one," Kelsey smoothed down her skirt and grabbed her bag.

"They're kind of a packaged deal you know? You can't still be mad about the-"

"He threw a snowball at my bare knicker covered butt!"

"That's not exactly bare-"

"Benji didn't speak to me for a week!"

"You said the kiss didn't feel right-"

"He stunned me! During night patrol. That mother beeper then had the audacity to run away!" Kelsey huffed as the girls walked down the dorm stairs.

"He got a week's detention and twenty points docked."

"He DYED my hair Red and Gold!"

"It's only one colour away from Hufflepuff. Golden is basically yellow. Anyway, it washed off.."

"After two weeks!"

"I guess."

"I can feel it Tatty! This is going to be our year."

"Could you not call me that. Also, don't include me in this. I don't want to fall on the wrong end of their pranks when yours go wrong," her best friend insisted.

"Oh ho ho. Sirius Black is going to rue the day he met me," Kelsey proclaimed as they entered the Hufflepuff common room. That loud, bold statement earned them a few wary looks from their fellow students just like it had on her first day, six years ago.

"Oh, dear. He created a monster," mused Astrid. "Please try and set a good example for the younger students?"

They left the common room and walked towards the Great Hall for breakfast and to pick up their timetables. They discussed their classes, with Kelsey wondering which ones they'd share with the Gryffindors.

"What if something goes wrong and you find yourself on the receiving end of even more embarrassing pranks?" Astrid asked as they sat at the table.

She shrugged, thinking over the six years of teasing she had put up with. Well not put up with exactly, she almost always managed to get herself in trouble when trying to retaliate. But not this year. Even if she did get in trouble this year, it was still worth the effort. Someone had to give them a taste of their own medicine. Kelsey looked around to make sure the four boys weren't around before continuing.

"This Hufflepuff doesn't give a Hufflefuc-"

"Language! Jones! There are virgin ears here." On cue, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin walked up to the two girls at the Hufflepuff table. It's as if they magically popped up out of nowhere.

Kelsey snorted, "Yeah. You."

A few students at the table choked on their pumpkin juice.

"She got you there mate," Remus patted him on the shoulders in solidarity.