49. Love Story

July 31st, 1981 | 3 Years Later 

"Pafoo!!"

Sirius looked down to where the sound came from only to find his godson, Harry James Potter, reaching up to him, arms outstretched.

Something was wrong with this picture. Where were the adults responsible for him? It took a few moments before he realised that technically, he too was an adult responsible for the boy.

"Hey, there little fella." Sirius picked him up. "How did you get here by yourself? Where's mama and dada?" Harry pointed to the living room gaping at Sirius with wide eyes.

Sirius walked further into the house in Godric's Hollow. The living room was decorated with streamers and Quidditch themed goods. Harry clapped his hand in joy as a magical party-broom whizzed past them.

"There he is!" James called out hurrying over. To say he appeared panicked would be an understatement.

"Can't believe you lost him in your own house," Sirius was amused. "Again."

"Well, it wouldn't have happened if you bothered showing up on time. Nice of you to make it finally," said James trying to wrestle Harry from Sirius' arms. It appeared that Harry did not want to let go.

"You had all the help here," Sirius pointed to Kelsey and Astrid in the room. Kelsey was by the table of drinks downing wine while Astrid was organizing a little game for Harry's friends from her daycare.

"That girlfriend of yours is no help! Remind me again why we made her the godmother?" grumbled James. He gave up and put Harry on the ground who immediately ran off to play with his friends.

"She said she wanted to be the cool aunt," Sirius shrugged. "Plus, Lily was still emotional from the time Kelsey fought those expecting fathers at that baby store for the stroller raffle and won."

"Where's Evans anyway?" he looked around the room to see a few adults from Harry's daycare he recognised and their usual group.

"Lily's been sick all day so Moony went to help with some potions upstairs." James was worried. It was typical for Lily to get stressed by planning events to the tee. They walked towards the stairs leading to the first floor to see Remus coming down. The doorbell rang behind them.

"I'll get it," said Remus.

James and Sirius were in conversation when Harry appeared in front of them. A gleeful expression broke on his face and ran towards them with his arms outstretched again. Both men, suckers for Harry jumping into their arms held their arms out for him at the same time but the toddler ran right past them.

"Unca Reggie!" exclaimed Harry and jumped into Regulus' arms.

"Happy birthday my little man!" Regulus bounced Harry up in the air as he giggled.