46. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

A/N: Choking hazard - Please don't eat and/or drink while reading this. 

ϟ

Mid-May 1978 | 2 Weeks till NEWTS (the next day

Mid-May 1978 | 2 Weeks till NEWTS (the next day..)

James Potter was currently watching the result of their latest 'Win Kelpie Back' plan and he was certain that he had made the wrong decision.

It was the next day and most seventh-years were out on the quidditch pitch enjoying the early summer.

With two weeks until NEWTS, Mcgonagall had roped in James and Lily to help organize an ice-cream social for the seventh years as a means to de-stress. This had been the result of several meltdowns by a few Ravenclaws with Lily and Jones almost joining that list. In the middle of the pitch, Florean Fortescue had set up a quasi-stand offering free sundaes: one per student.

So much had happened so quickly.

Ten Minutes Ago..

"Are you sure about this?" Sirius ran a hand through his hair anxiously for the hundredth time. His stomach was in knots in anticipation ever since Lily and James had pulled him away yesterday and revealed their 'plan' to help him get back in Kelsey's good graces. At least as much as he could. He couldn't believe how royally he had screwed up.

Knowing Kelsey, it was a miracle she hadn't hexed any of them.

"Positive." James gave him a thumbs up. Lily had spotted Kelsey, Astrid and Remus sitting on a picnic blanket closer to the goalposts.

"It's a simple plan. I think you'll be fine," Lily reassured him with a smile.

"'S not as if he hasn't had years of practice.." James was trying to encourage Sirius who looked as if he may just throw up.

"Flirting with girls you mean?" Lily accused, sounding unimpressed.

"Sshh," James shushed her. "It'll be fine. He's a natural."

"She hates me," stated Sirius. And rightly so. Although, it didn't hinder his desire to get her to talk to him.

"Just be yourself, okay? Charm her," said Lily. "Show her the bo- er man she fell in love with."

"You think she still feels that way?" he asked hopefully with puppy dog eyes. Despite his mild post-breakup affairs, his heart never wandered from Kelsey even once. He would do anything to make it right. As it currently stood, anything meant going along with this plan.

Lily almost felt bad until she remembered how they had ended up this way in the first place. They were a little closer to the trio and they could see their friends sitting. Remus caught James' eye and beckoned them over.

Kelsey and Astrid who were in the middle of eating their ice-cream paused. Kelsey as usual scoffed when she saw Sirius and went back to paying attention to the interesting goalposts instead, admiring the woodwork. Lily saw her friend's reluctance and wasn't sure anymore. But it was too late now.