38. Speak Now

Early March 1978

Early March 1978

Kelsey watched the owl fly away until it disappeared from her vision and into the horizon. The sight of her application to appear for the Muggle-relations department exam had her biting the inside of her cheek nervously.

What if she didn't even make the cut to even sit for the exam, let alone pass it? The voice inside her head told her.

Lost in thought, she felt someone nudge her playfully to distract her.

"Don't worry," the voice whispered in her ear, sending goosebumps. Spring was almost here, but every time they stood so close, it still gave her those shivers.

"I'm not." She put on her brave face and smiled at Sirius who looked at her in disbelief.

"It's written all over your face, Jones," he pointed out.

They were walking back to the castle from the owlery.

Kelsey grumbled under her breath about how he knew her too well to which he responded by pulling her in close.

"What are you doing?" she asked as a few students passed them eyeing Sirius' grip on her.

"Just showing them our LOVE," he grinned.

"Sssh!" Kelsey stopped him. "Don't go yelling it, now!"

"Why?" He couldn't believe it. He wanted everyone to know that she was his.

"Because," she began teasingly. "I don't want people to think I've gone soft. It'll be bad for my rep,"

"That should be my line!" he insisted.

"Uhuh," she smirked. "Let's not forget how it took less than thirty minutes for word to spread that you confessed your undying love for me."

Sirius scoffed.

"Only after you made it a point to all but snog my face off so publicly," he replied.
Kelsey grinned and tucked herself into her side as he held her close for warmth. 

"Minor details Black, minor details." And with that, she pulled away sending him a challenging look. Without needing further clarification they broke into a sprint.

He chased her all the way back to the castle shouting how it was Kelsey and not him who had proclaimed their love, to any poor soul who made the mistake of meeting his eye. Many students were confused while some just nodded along vigorously. All while Kelsey evaded his hold.

That the couple needed therapy was the opinion of several Hogwarts students that afternoon. How had they ended up here- from being confessed to - to making students question their combined sanity? Kelsey needed to recap the events of a few days prior:

"I think I love you," Sirius blurted out.

"What?" Kelsey squeaked in surprise.