34. New Romantics

Saturday | Week 2, February 1978

Bum-bum-bum

Hair as red as blood

With forest-green eyes

Bum-bum-bum

He'll be the Prince Charming

To your Snow White

A groggy Lily Evans took in the scene in front of her the next day, Saturday morning. It was too early for their nonsense. "What the-"

Bum-bum-bum

So close your eyes

and be surprised!

As Prongs takes you off to Paradise!

Lily watched Sirius do a dramatic jazz-hand as he handed over the centerstage to James who was now kneeling on the ground with flowers.

Bum-bum-bum

Will you be my Valentine?

A bright flash went off. Kelsey snapped a picture of James Potter and Sirius Black in the stereotypical red and white striped barbershop quartet costume as they finished serenading Lily Evans in the Gryffindor Common Room at nine in the morning on the day of the Hogsmeade trip.

Lily's face was red as a tomato - or should one say blood-red like her hair. She had the ruffled look of having just woken up. Her pink matching pyjamas completed the outfit and she stared at the two boys in disbelief at the bottom of the dorm stairs.

 A grin broke out and Lily doubled over in laughter at the sight of James Potter in the white fedora with a brown cane. He was still kneeling on the ground with the flower, now using the cane for support to keep himself in position.

James looked at her expectedly waiting for a response as Sirius next to him tugged at the collar of his striped shirt.

Two minutes later she still hadn't stopped laughing, while a few snickers went about the Common Room, fellow muggle-borns who recognised it for what it was. James Potter and Sirius Black dorking it out as an acapella duo. With the presence of the unusual Hufflepuff in their midst, it wasn't a surprise how this had come to be.

"Jones!" Potter yelled to see Kelsey smirking with a camera in her hand. To say her plan had gone as expected would be an understatement. It had gone brilliantly. In addition to wooing Lily, she also got a little somethin' somethin' to blackmail Potter and Black with in the future.