Chapter 21 : Things Will Never Be the Same

KIM BONA

Two weeks later.

At the penthouse.

"Then the turtle went to finish line before the rabbit. The end. You like that, Gina?"

"No!" I answer for my girl. I know it's just ten p.m., but I'm sleepy already. I could be passed out any minute on this cozy bed and a thousand stories from the father of my child who talking to my stomach. He keeps distracting me not to sleep by talking, reading tales and blah blah blah thing to my baby bump. He said he wants her to remember his voice so that when she comes out, the baby girl would recognize him already. I know, I do know it's the sweetest thing of him, and I couldn't be more grateful. But he has talked to my baby bump for like two bloody hours already.

Every tales or every stories of him that he tells her—it all goes into my ear, illustrates in my head and gains the weight of my eyelids to make me want to be pulled into sleep right away unless he wouldn't constantly make the effect sound to illustrate his stories which makes me jump from napping any freaking seconds.

"So what's else you to wanna hear, my baby girl?" he asks my stomach. Is he serious?

"What about 'How To Let My Mommy Sleep Peacefully'?" I answer for her.

He leans himself up by his elbow, looking at me, and grumpily frowns. I'm about to think whether he's across with me since there's a little pause from him. Then, he says; half-serious, "You're supposed to eat more. Your stomach doesn't transfer as it should be."

I shake my head as lying down on the bed. "It's just three months."

By the way, he's quite right, though. My weight doesn't change too much comparing to when I wasn't pregnant. I typically still look skinny as 48 Kg. I've put on a little weight but not too much, but as I reckon it's going to be more processing. I'm glad that I stop pucking around ten times per day in these few days, although I've begun peeing A LOT instead. But I got to tell you, it's way too better than pucking. Trust me. Having a face constantly being stuck between toilet seat isn't funny at all.

In the meantime, GD sarcastically purses to me then lies on his stomach and talks to my baby bump again. "What about Dada sings for you? I can rap. You want me to rap?"

Oh, dear. I touch his shoulder and sit up. "Hold on. I need to pee. Be back a sec." Honestly, I really need to.

"You've peed like twentieth times today."

I teasingly sit on his legs as crawling out from the bed to go to the bathroom, and say with a small chuckle, "Yeah. And this is twenty-first."

He giggles and shouts in Korean behind me. "Hurry back. I'm waiting."

"Ne, Yeobo.^^."

KWON JIYONG

"Oppa. Oppa."

I woke up in shock, kicking the blanket out of bed. I think I just heard Daisies called, but I'm quite not sure. I perk up and glance at the red glowing clock on a nightstand. It's four in the morning and there is no Daisies on the bed.

As I assume that she probably just got up and go to pee (again), then she shouts loudly, "Oppa. GD!"

"What up?" I shout back, still eyes closed, still lying on the bed.

"Oppa...come here...please."

I swiftly sit up in stun. The way her voice is shaking and sobbing and almost dry in the mid sentence totally makes me jump out of my skin.

"Dais. You're okay?" I ask while getting up from the bed.

"...No." Clearly, she's sobbing. I quickly speed my steps to the bathroom as she pleadingly says, "Please come here. I think I'm dying."