Chapter 35 : FLOWER ROAD [THE END]

- Two Years Later -
KWON JIYONG

'Right here where we once dreamed about, where the lost boy finally got pulled into the shade by the Daisy girl. Sadly, that boy was not careful enough, hitting his head with a thin branch so hard. He hoaxed himself that it was not that painful. The girl asked him whether he was fine, he rose up with a forced grin before said it's alright and he kept tolerating it. Along the empty road, he called her to spin around and asked if he could join the journey. Seemingly, their goal quite looked alike, but they did not know that their route was different. The girl got him a nod blissfully as she already enjoyed being accompanied. Once they were stuck in the middle of the road, the boy's injuries had died along the way. He swayed around the sidewalk, dancing songs to songs himself until his moving hands hit the girl to a massive accident. The poor girl broke her own bony legs. I apologize, darling those words were the only thing his mouth spit out. I adore you those also the only language she could speak. And they kept pacing to the half of the road, although it felt nothing like the same. Two steps to a thousand, the girl finally accepted the pain and told him she could not go anymore. Lost tears came to them both, they did not expect to separate on this lonely roadway. Even the girl had told she was alright being on her own, the boy still managed to afford her his own legs and watched her go. It was sad, but either he or she had to reach the end of achievement. So they separated, the boy grew his legs so still and the girl moved away. Once she reached her destination, the madhouse which she used to build herself had already disappeared. She was homeless for ages, the twilights stayed long but the daylight barely arrived; she discovered. Her reflection was too cruel to admit. Too many sheds she loved to gather every violet time, now they all were collected in a bleached jar. Been staying in dark nights days by days, months and months. Her voice was rust. Her pinned-up hair was dusty. Out of the blue, she heard an echo from somewhere behind her invisible house. She was all ears and decided to follow the sound.

The same road and alleys had now been covered with new-grown flowers, but the sound kept calling her continuously. Where are you? the girl began to ask the sound. I'm where your heart is the sound replied quietly. Days flew by, she still chased for a ghost, all she could do was sitting with regrets and loneliness. Crying with a head low, she looked at her legs. They likely talked to her. She commanded them for a lead, and they started to do so. Pacing and leading through the road of flowers, finally, the boy and the girl met again. How was your journey? he asked. She confessed was such a guilty pleasure, my home that I built was gone. Hesitating in thoughts, he smiled up taking her hands.

Wherever you feel safe and free and comfortable with, that's where your home is located the boy told her. Oh, that almost became a sad story, the girl finally realized...even the destination or journey could not ever serve a true happiness like the company. Unlocking the windows of heart, she returned one of the legs to him, welcomed back home...'

"Oppa, watch out the branch."

"Ouch!"

That's hurt. I touch my forehead, my butt flopping down on the ground. Feeling hurtful like just being hit by a timber.

Running through the Daisy meadow, Peonies gets into me first. "Dada. Hurt?" Her voice cracks in panic, and I adore it.

I burst out laughing when she puts a small hand on my forehead for checking off, as if we're playing Doctor once again like we always enjoy. I stare at my one-year-old daughter, always seeing my two girls in her.

"No, it's not hurt at all, sweetie," I reassure her, kissing the back of her hand. An innocent smile grows on her face.

Behind Peonies's back, there're Daisies and Draco approaching excitedly towards us. I immediately rose up to not disappoint them.