Chapter 2 : Until We Might Meet Again

KIM BONA

"Come on in. and blah blah blah." I don't know exactly whatever he greets his girlfriend. But all I know is I am such a stalker—pressing my ear against GD's home studio door to hear what they're talking about out there.

Daisies, stop being such a jerk. I am not being yourself. I have moved on from him for five years, and now he did move on, too. Obviously, he has a girlfriend already. They might be making out out there. It's normal...isn't it?

By the time, I'm curiously leaning against the door as it's excessively heavy and hard to listen to outside. Apparently, it's a studio-recording door, it was made to soundproofing somehow. Suddenly, out of the blue, it's cracked by someone, and I almost hit it by the head inadvertently.

It's GD, who flinches when he enters the room. He instantly closes the door and watches me in surprise. He might know I eavesdropped on them two!

Anyway, I act my cool, wearing a poker face like I don't give a shit nor care what he thinks I might do.

"Did she take off yet?" I dare ask, looking over his shoulder.

"No. She's still here, in the bathroom. I just came through to tell you that I'll be forcing her to go out with me, so you don't have to hide here and I—."

"No, that's okay," I interrupt. "Just take your time. I can stay quiet in this room until she's gone. Ah I mean...when she's gone, so I can take off at the front door. It's raining outside. She'd figure out that you're really hiding something." And I rub my forearm awkwardly.

"Actually," he begins, scratching the back of his neck. "I just don't wanna feel like I'm cheating on her. I don't want you and her in the same place. I am together with her. Only her."

"Err...yeah, 'cause. Sure, you are." My face inevitably goes numb, as if he just punched it hard. So far so good, I still have to keep on my cool.

"Just listen to the locking door sound when I'm out," he tells me while running his fingers through his hair.

"Got it." I hear myself speaking. "Anyway, can I use your phone again? I need to call my manager to pick me up here after you guys are through," I ask, slightly discovering his face swiftly flinches and turns back to normal within two seconds.

"I don't think so. I think I can pick you up when I come back," he says while his fingers come down to circle his neck again, as if he's being childishly shy. I mean he didn't really shy. It's his culture.

"What do you mean? You'll come back to pick me?"

"Yeah, I meant that,"

"Just stay here. I'll be back in two hours. Just let me handle Juhyun first. I gotta go back there. She probably got out from the bathroom," he says and gets out immediately.

Ju-hyun? That's really her name. His girlfriend's name. That's all I know. And it's helplessly hard for me to clear that word away in my head. Her name bearably breaks my heart a little—as if it was a nib stabbing into your heart just once, of course, it definitely can't kill you dead somehow. But it literally can make you pain.

KWON JIYONG

"What do you mean you wanna break up?"

Juhyun instantly bursts into shock after I just bombed in the car—dropping out an unexpected sentence without any introduction like...'Let's break up, Juhyunah.'

If I were her, I would be shocked and stunned like she does too, I won't blame that.

It just happened when we were just discussing about when we should meet again after I lied to her that my manager's going to come to record my documentary at home and I didn't want to expose our thing yet. Damn excuse ever.