Chapter 9 : I Get Drunk on Jealousy

KIM BONA

"I cannot believe that you were really there, in that studio with the drugs!" Mom spits as soon as we're alone in the corridor of the police station. Who'd have known there were having the drugs, anyway?

However, it shows up that I'm good. My hands are completely clean. So are the boys. There was someone who put the drugs in that fitting room as if they tried to get to us. To be honest, it totally catches me caught off guard. And I've no idea why I'm feeling anxious, not to myself but to the boys, especially him.

"Calm down. I've told you, I just came there to congratulate them for their first stage. That's all."

"But I told you not to go. Didn't you listen to me? The rumors of you two are still floating around, and you know being rumored in this country isn't like America. There have limitations!" Mom glares at me and I wonder why she's so angry even though it turned out that we're all good.

I stay silent since I don't know what else I should I argue with her. Deep down I know she's right.

Mom sighs before leaning her hand against the wall next to my head. "You know what. When I got a call from the staff that you were involved with this, I almost was gonna kill you. The dating rumors then the drugs. You knew you didn't need to go there to saying stupid congrats or whatever, right?"

I keep silent, putting an unreadable face to fight with the angry one which gazes at me—as if I was really a drugs hander and I should have been gotten in that jail instead.

"Don't be a numb to me. I'm talking with you, Kimmy."

"And what else do you want? It happened," I defiantly snap. She gazes at me for a minute straight—studies me thoroughly, then she finally puts a word piercing at my chest, "Tell me. The way you told me that you aren't dating with him like the rumor claimed—is still true."

"Seriously?" I scoff as she says through her teeth, "Tell me. It's not true, Delansey."

I'm about to put another word to fight her back before the similar voice exclaims behind me, "No, it's not, Auntie Judy." And I instinctively look back who said that and I'm surprised that whose voice is him.

GD stares at Mom as he walks to me.

"What did you just say, GD?" Mom automatically lowers her voice, and I can tell she's extremely trying to control her angry tone to be softer. But her face apparently can't lie that she's got so much fire inside.

"I said it's not," GD casually repeats. "It's not true that we're not dating." What the hell is he doing? I stare at him, expecting him to at least look at me or give a hint or anything. But he never stops looking at my mom.

Mom seems stunned, blinking rapidly. She opens her mouth to say something but then closes it.

"I'm sorry I didn't come to tell you appropriately that I'm dating with your niece. And I am so sorry again for making her being rumored. I promise I'll take care and love her as much as you do and won't let her down like this again." Then he bends his head down to his stomach as the Korean manner for greeting and apologizing. "Please forgive us. We're so sorry, Auntie Judy," he says after standing straight. My eyes are still on him surprisingly.

Running out of any words from me. I glance at Mom who looks apparently shocked but still never loses her cool. Mom's eyes go down at my hip before mine follow to wherever they're looking at. I instinctively get caught off guard when I discover that GD's hand intertwine between my fingers.

He gently squeezes. I immediately look up at him and he was eyeing on me already.

* * *

"You're sure, you don't want me to pick you up?" GD asks me again after I was about to open the car door and he pressed the lock button from his side.