Chapter 34 : I Take This Magnetic Force of a Man to Be My Lover

-Two Years Later-
KWON JIYONG

"How is it? How's it goin?" I excitedly ask as soon as Daisies got out of the bathroom. My heart is pounding noncommittally

"Not today." She gives me a raw smile and hands me a failed pregnancy test. "I am sorry, baby. This is supposed to be your birthday gift."

I beam at her, trying to hide my disappointment. "It's totally alright, darling," I say comfortingly and pull her into my arms.

"We've been trying for ten times now, why is it too difficult than the first time?"

I'm almost speechless but try to encourage her somehow with a timeless joke, "It's not that difficult for me, though. Honestly, I kind of enjoy the making."

What a relief. At least she laughs with my lame joke, and her tone seems a bit lighter.

"Happy Birthday with no present, Oppa. Next year, you'll be having kiddos blowing your birthday candles for you. I promise." She smiles up from my chest, making pleading eyes like an adorable puppy.

"You're always my best present ever," I assure and we kiss.

"Ugh. Please, get a room," comes T.O.P hyung's voice. Daisies and I break apart.

Walking past us to grab a bottle of wine in the cupboard, Hyung sarcastically snorts towards us. We can't help giggling.

Today is my 34th birthday, it's kind of a normal day as usual. For me, as long as I have Daisies, every single day is all mine. Yeah, I know, that sounds lame. Honestly, I'm telling the truth. Though I'd not mind if there'd be no one celebrating, but Daisies insisted to do so. And all of my bandmates never say no when it comes to party.

So here we are, splashing out the bottle on Seungri's patio at the same odd penthouse.

"Will anyone pass me few plates? We're running out of them here," Daesong shouts from the outside. As I'm searching for his direction through the ceiling-to-floor windows, he is grilling his best roast beef beside the pool.

"I'll get them," Daisies shouts back and leaves me alone in Seungri's stupid living room.

I don't want to be alone. I hate being left, though it's just a brief moment. So I pace to follow her, but then my wrist is held out by Hyung.

"Is she pregnant yet?" he whispers with a bit exciting expression, looking over my shoulder to make sure Daisies definitely isn't in this earshot.

I shake my head for the answer, sort of annoyed.

"I'm sorry, dude. You're gonna make it this soon, I have a feeling." He comfortingly pats my arm.

"I guess it's because of the first time that we failed. I don't think we can make it naturally anymore, though she's been cured to do so and the doctor already got us a nod." And then, I cup a hand next to my mouth, leaning into him. "But don't you tell her I said like this, okay? I don't want to disappoint her."

"Do I look like having a big mouth like Seungri, huh? You always can count on me, kid."

"Thanks." I give him a joyless smile.

"C'mon. Don't be so upset. We all here still have no children for our own, too, but you already have two babies, remember?" he jokes.

"Those are dogs. We don't count," I correct him with a small laugh.

"But don't you treat them like humans? What the tone you say?" And he begins to humiliate me by mocking my voice, "Oooh. You're always like... 'Jolie, Gaho, come to dada.' ."