Chapter 33-Broom Cupboard-

It was clear winter had begun as the air began to chill and my breath became visible. I was absentmindedly tracing my fingers on the frost covered windows while sitting in Transfiguration class. About halfway through the lesson I had lost interest and let McGonnagal's lecturing go to the back of my mind. Leaning back in my chair I let my head fall back, only to be met with a grin from Adrian.

"Is someone bored?" He mockingly cooed.

"I swear if she doesn't finish up soon, I'm going to jump out the bloody window." I harshly whisper.

"You and me both." Adrian mutters.

A few more moments passed before the lesson was officially over and everyone began to stand up out of their chairs.

"Not so quick! I now have an important matter to discuss with all of you." McGonagall stands with her hands on her hips. A series of groans go up in the classroom as we all return to our seats and prepare for another lecture. From the back of the class, Filch emerges with a large record player of some sort and wheels it up to the front.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance."

"Oh you have to be fucking kidding me." I moan. The entire classroom had gasped upon McGonagall's words and the girls were excitedly squealing. I on the other hand wanted to flee the classroom, much like many of the boys around me.

"Silence. The house of Godrick Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizard World for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling, band of baboons." McGonagall firmly instructs.

"Adrian how much money would it take for you to preform the killing curse on me?" I whine.

"I was about to ask you the same thing." He replies, eyes wide with fright from the teachers rant.

"To dance, is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight. " McGonagall flourishes her hands gracefully as I let out a loud snort.

"Yeah take flight out of the bloody window." I mutter and several of the guys around me stifle a laugh.

"Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Now everybody come together!" McGonagall claps her hands. Filch turns the music on and every girl practically springs out of their seat towards the dance floor. Meanwhile, the boys and myself remain rooted to our seats, unwilling to get up and dance.

"Boys on your feet!" She scolds and I reluctantly stand up with Adrian and hold out my hand towards him.

"Might as well dance with you rather than these sods." I smirk. He takes my hand and we make our way to dance floor. The music was horrible but otherwise the dancing wasn't bad as Adrian and I were both well rehearsed. Most pure blood families held balls, so the majority of the Slytherins knew how to properly dance. After twirling around for the rest of class, I was extremely grateful when it was over.

"So who do you think you'll take?" Adrian asks as we walk out of the classroom.

"I don't think I'm going." I shrug.

"WHAT!" He shrieks and looks at me as if I was mental.

"I'm probably not going to go, I told you I don't want to be involved in the tournament that much." No more than I already am.