Chapter 45 -Reality-

Fred Weasley Pov:

I open and close my mouth several times in shock, not being able to find my words as I stare at the girl before me. There stood Delilah Rees, or should I say Delilah Black, with her signature leather jacket and cold grey eyes.She had a small smirk plastered on her face that faltered as soon as her gaze locked onto me.

"'Daughter?!" Harry questions loudly, snapping me out of my surprised daze.

"Yes, my daughter." Sirius smiles warmly, pulling Delilah closer into his side. Everyone at the table looks around at each other, unsure of what to stay.

"She will be joining the order with us." Lupin speaks up, clearing the awkward silence.

"I'm sorry is this some type of joke?" I question in disbelief, finally regaining my voice.

"Yes because I decided to just waltz into headquarters for the fun of it Weasel." Delilah drawls in an annoyed tone.

"I'm taking it that you two know each other..." Sirius trails off with a slight uneasiness in his voice.

"You could say that." I mutter, George quietly snickering next to me.

"How could you not tell me?!" Harry questions once more, eyes flickering between Sirius and Delilah.

"It was a matter of top secrecy Harry, it would endanger Delilah if too many people knew." Sirius replies in an earnest tone.

"Well I'm sure you will be helpful in the order dear! Now how about you sit down and eat." My mum attempts to diffuse the situation, kindly putting out another plate. Delilah cautiously pulls out the chair and sits between Lupin and Sirius, everyone else still quiet from the revelation.

"I know this comes as a shock to everyone but I hope that Delilah will be welcomed here." Sirius announces in the silence. Beside him, his daughter keeps her eyes trained on her food, not bothering to look up.

"But she's a Slytherin." Ron stupidly responds. The table is sent back into an uncomfortable atmosphere as Delilah snaps her head up, eyes like daggers.

"Astute observation Weasley, I don't see how that affects my allegiance towards the order." Delilah says, annoyance laced in her voice.

"You live with the Malfoy's." Harry sourly adds.

"Yes she doesn't have much choice in that matter." Lupin awkwardly chuckles, emitting a small smile from Delilah.

"How do we know she's not a spy?" Hermione questions from down the table, truly curious. It seems that Delilah's anger increase tenfold at the assumption, resulting in Sirius placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"The girl does have a point Sirius." Moody says gruffly from the corner. At these words, Delilah tenses even further and the others around us grow weary.

"Delilah is not a spy, she has joined the order despite the risks that come with it. Now, if anyone has anything else to say regarding her allegiance I advise that you bring it directly to me." Sirius snarls, also becoming visibly displeased by our suspicions. At his words, everyone's eyes cast down towards their plates, avoiding his withering stare. The rest of the meal is sat in small conversation, all of us sharing fleeting glances at Delilah, still unsure of her.

"This is bloody unbelievable, she can't be his daughter." George whispers from beside me.

"I see the resemblance." I shrug, surveying the similarities between the father and daughter at the top of the table.

They both had the same jet black hair, hanging slightly above their shoulders in an unkempt manner. Another noticeable trait was their eyes, a dark grey that seemed to be the exact same shade. However, there was a slight difference in their pupils, Sirius' were warm and inviting, beckoning you to come closer.Meanwhile, Delilah's were cold and fierce, a certain intensity that made you want to stay at bay.