Chapter 28-Nice beard-

"This tastes like shit." I say in disgust, swallowing back the vile taste in my mouth.

"We are trying to make our guests feel more at home Delilah." Graham cheekily states and grins at my resentment of the food. Pushing the plate away from me, I decided that starvation was better than swallowing whatever that was. Next to me, Draco was practically boring Krum to death, bragging about his quidditch skills.

" Ah yes I would like to think I am one of the very few talented seekers left, such as yourself." Draco boasts. I suppress my laughter by taking a sip of my drink and roaming my eyes around the hall. The Beauxbatons were currently sitting with the Ravenclaws looking glum at the students around them. The headmistress of Beauxbaton, Madame Maxine, was seated with Dumbledore and appeared to be in a pleasant conversation. Meanwhile, the Durmstrang headmaster, Karkaroff , was staring angrily at his plate.

"Do you u'm play de quidditch?" Krum spoke in a thick Bulgarian accent looking at me.

" I can play but I tend to devote my time to burning down the pitches nowadays." I say with a straight face and hit Adrian in the arm as he begins to snicker. Much to my surprise, Krum had caught onto the fact I was joking and flashed me an amused smile. Turning back to my drink, I heard a chair scrape across the floor as the chatter seized.

"Good Evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghost and- most particularly-guests. I have a great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable." Dumbledore beamed.

A couple rows down a Beauxbaton girl let out a mocking laugh and a deep scowl set on my face. Sure, Hogwarts wasn't  eloquently decorated but it still was my home and it made my blood boil that she felt the need to disrespect it.

"The moment has come for the Triwizard tournament to commence, however, I would like to give an explanation before we bring in the casket. But first, let me introduce, for those who do not know them, Mr. Bartemius Crouch, Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation- and Mr.Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports."

A round of applause went up for the two men, but my hands remained firmly at my sides. I had yet to forget the encounter at the World Cup where Crouch had threatened me or the fact that his son was somehow alive. As for Bagman, I just did not like him as he was known for being a crook.

"Mr. Bagman and Mr.Crouch have worked tirelessly over the last few months to prepare for the Tournament. They will be joining myself, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime on the panel that will judge the champion's efforts." The hall became oddly quiet at the mention of the champions, anticipation filling the air. Dumbledore, sensing everyones eagerness  continue on with his speech.

"The casket then, if you please Mr Filch."

Filch began to wheel a large wooden chest encrusted with jewels towards the center of the hall. Draco strained his neck next to me, trying to get a better look.

"Sit down blondie." I pull Draco down by his robes and he frowns.

"The instructions for the tasks the champions will face this year have already been examined by Mr.Crouch and Mr.Bagman. They have made the necessary arrangements for each challenge which will include three tasks spaced throughout the school year. Their magical prowess, powers of deduction, and ability to cope with danger will be tested." Dumbledore went on as murmurs of excitement erupted in the hall.

"Can he just get on with it already, the Gryffindors are about to combust if they don't find out how they're choosing the champion." I groan.

"Hold on he's getting there, just give the old man some time." Adrian reply's, patting me on the shoulder.