Chapter 25 -Mad Eye-

"Stupid weasel." I mutter, pushing my way through the crowd in the great hall. My shoes made squishing noises as I walked towards the Slytherin table, a scowl on my face. Grumbling to myself, I sat down on the bench between Pucey and Montague who looked at me in amusement.

"Don't you look cheerful." Adrian quips and pinches my cheek. Swatting his hand away, I point my finger towards my hair that was still slightly wet.

"Do you see this? This is what happens when you let filthy ghosts into a school." I seethe while Peeves can still be heard cackling outside the great hall.

"Awww did little Delilah get her hair wet." Graham teases and I slowly turn my head to face him.

"Say another word and I will not hesitate to chop your bloody dick off."

"Always such the charmer." Adrian remarks, words laced with sarcasm.

"Try and keep it in your pants Pucey." I reply dully, pulling out my book. Lucius had assigned me a novel detailing all the dark hexes a soon-to be death eater such as myself could need. As much as I wanted to hate it, the book was actually quite interesting and I read it the entire train ride.

The only time I had even put it down was when some first year came into my compartment asking if I saw a companion of his pass by. I kindly told him no and that he could stay with me for the rest of the  ride. However, when we were talking, he shifted his gaze towards the other book Lucius had assigned The Importance of Blood Purity. Apparently he did not take a liking to my assigned reading and quickly left with tears in his eyes.

The whole ordeal just made me pissed off, mostly that I had managed to make an innocent child cry. Needless to say I was not feeling particularly happy when I had entered the school, and when Peeves had decided to soak me with water balloons I lost my cool.

"Helloooo earth to Delilah." Graham snaps his finger in my face.

"Stop snapping your fingers in my face before I snap your limbs." I reply dryly

"I think that's a new record, two threats in a matter of fifteen minutes." Adrian smirks

"Any more out of either of you and they won't just be threats." I stab my spoon at the bowl of pudding in front of me. Continuing to glare at the table for the rest of the meal I hardly even noticed when Dumbledore had begun to speak.

I was twirling my spoon around when Adrian nudged me on the shoulder and nodded towards the staff table. The buzz of chatter filling the hall had ceased while the headmaster began to ramble on about the usual restrictions. I was barely listening when he suddenly made an actually interesting announcement.

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year." Dumbledore spoke loudly

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." Graham murmurs next to me. I quietly laugh as peoples groans of disapproval fill the hall due to the cancellation. It was quite hilarious that everyone was so upset over the sport when there were much more upsetting events to come.

"This is due to an event that will be starting in October, continuing throughout the school year, and taking up most of the teachers time and energy. Furthermore, I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-"

A deafening roll of thunder interrupted his speech as well as the doors of the Great Hall being banged open. Everyone's heads snapped in the direction of the noise, only to see a mysterious figure leaning in the doorway.

A large black traveling cloak covered their face as they leant against some sort of staff. The person began to walk, lowering their hood, and a gasp went up among the students. I had no doubt who the man was, his lack of eye and ghastly scars littered across his body were indication enough that it was the one and only Mad-Eye Moody.