Chapter 23 -The task -

I shoved my way through the sea of Ireland fans, focusing my attention on the black haired boy in front of me. He was weaving his way through the crowd with two redheads cheering and happily dancing next to him. They were so oblivious of what was to come,  for in less than a few hours the death eaters would arrive and all hell would break loose.

Keeping my hood up and making sure not to attract attention I continue to tail them all the way to their tent.

What was I supposed to do now? 

I was given clear instructions to watch Potter at all times but he was now in the tent, blocking my view. Pacing, I decided to make a bold move and put my acting skills to the test. Taking a deep breath, I pushed my way into the tent planning out the story in my head.

A sense of coziness swam over me as I looked around the inside of the tent decked in gold. It emitted such a warm feeling with the small lights that hung from the ceiling and antique furniture. It was filled with laughter and cheer as the twins danced around and everyone watched in amusement.

Clearing my throat loudly, the laughing died down as they looked at me in the entrance of the tent. I masked my face with a look of fright and pretended to nervously twiddle my thumbs.

"I'm sorry to intrude but it appears that I have lost my way and I can't find my family." I make a convincing frown and see a flash of sympathy in Mr. Weasley's eyes.

"We have room on the couch, you can stay here until it settles down." He says with a kind smile on his face. I inwardly cringe at the mans kindness, a sense of guilt surging through me due to my darker intentions. I returned his smile with my own and quietly sat down on a small chair towards the back of the room.

Looking around I made sure to keep Potter in my line of sight, following my task. Not wanting to make my true purpose known, I lift my gaze off the boy to find one of the twins staring at me.

It was Fred no doubt, I could tell by the way his nose had more of a straight surface and the slight scar above his eyebrow. Not to mention, his eyes were a dead give away, mischief was written all over them.  Letting my gaze travel I noticed how he had changed over the course of the summer.

His once lanky figure, was still present but a more muscular build had been added. The years of quidditch he had played were paying off,  his arms were strong and his shoulders broad. Shifting my gaze up to his face, I saw him smirking at me, aware of my staring.

Mentally cursing myself I diverted my gaze back to the job at hand and pushed the annoying Weasel out of my thoughts. The rest of the group merrily chatted for an hour or so before loud screams erupted outside.

This was it.

Mr.Weasley quickly went outside the tent to check on all the commotion. I remained seated on the couch, leg nervously bouncing up and down.

"Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on." Fred joked as Ron and George playfully fought behind him. Normally I would have rolled my eyes, but all my attention was focused on the entrance of the tent. Suddenly a frantic Mr.Weasley rushed in, a panicked look on his face.

"Stop it! It's not the Irish, we better get out of here now." He stated with a grim look on his face as we all dashed out of the tent. I made sure to stick close to Harry as we took in the sight before us. Everyone was running around madly as screams rung out across the campsite. Large fires could be seen a few tents ahead while spells were fired every which way.

"GET BACK TO THE PORT KEY EVERYBODY AND STICK TOGETHER!" Mr Weasley shouted over the terrified screams. I made sure to stick next to Harry as we sprinted through the crowd. Death eaters could be seen ahead and people trampled over one another to get out of the way.

They carried torches in their hands as they wore black robes and masks to cover their faces. Walking by them I gave a brief nod before chasing after Harry. He had fallen in the midst of the crowd and I quickly try to pull him up by his arm.

" Come on we haven't got all day." I snarl and look down only to find him unconscious. Letting out a groan I lowered myself down next to him and anxiously looked around. Everyone had practically cleared out by now and only a few death eaters were left scurrying around.  All the tents were scorched to ruins and smoke hung heavy in the air. The once bustling campsite, was now almost haunting due to the events just taken place.

I waited for another few minutes before a figure appeared in the smoke. I watched him stride around kicking burnt objects and arrogantly standing in the center of all the destruction. Raising his wand, a blast of green light sprang from the tip and shot upwards. The symbol that was to be embedded in my skin appeared in the sky.

The large skull loomed over the entire ground as a snake slithered out of its mouth. The man that had cast the dark mark grinned crazily as I looked on in shock. This was not apart of the event taking place tonight. Lucius had clearly announced it was going to be a raid to scare the muggle borns into their rightful place. The dark mark was not supposed to be cast. This was bad, this was very very bad.

I felt Harry stir next to me and took a sharp inhale of breath as the crazed man snapped his head towards us. Yanking Harry up, I pulled him through the debris and hid behind a burnt tent. The man continue to look for us and I put my finger to my lips, signaling the boy to remain quiet.

"HARRY WHERE ARE YOU!" Ron Weasleys voice rung out. I felt myself relax and Harry breathed out in relief next to me.

" HARRY" Hermione yelled . The man that was looking for us sprinted off at the sound of Hermione's voice and for once in my life I liked the bushy haired girl. I heard them come up behind us and engulfed Harry in hugs.

"We've been looking for you for ages,we thought we lost you mate." Ron claps Harry on the shoulder.

" How sentimental..." I sneer and they give me cold looks. Turning their gazes back to the sky I hear them all gasp.

"What is that?" Harry exclaims before clutching his head in pain. I was about to answer when a multitude of wizards surrounded us.

"STUPEFY!" They all shot their wands at us as we ducked to the ground. Continuing to advance towards us and shout spells, a loud voice erupted in the midst of the chaos.

"STOP THATS MY SON!" Arthur Weasley yelled,shoving his way towards us. " Are you alright " he asked the four of us and we silently nodded.

" WHICH OF YOU! WHICH OF YOU CONJURED IT!" Barty Crouch came up to us and pointed his wand under our throats.

" Crouch you can't possi-" Mr Weasley began

" I do not lie, you've been discovered at the scene of the crime!" He shouts still pointing his wand at us.

"Crime? What crime?" Harry questions

" The dark mark was cast Scar Head." I snap.

" Voldemort?" Harry asks worriedly and we all look up at the sky.

"  No, Professor Trelawney ." I sarcastically mutter and roll my eyes.

" Those people tonight in the masks , their his too aren't they?"

" Death Eaters."  Mr Weasley responds and looks at Crouch.

" Follow me!" Crouch shouts and they begin to walk away.

" Wait! There was a man,there." Harry points at where the man had previously stood. They all take off in that direction and I let out a deep breath.

" Who? Who was it?" Mr. Weasley glance between the both of us.

" I don't know, I didn't see his face." Harry replies , looking back up at the sky.

" Me either." I lie and look up at the dark mark . For I had seen his face at the last moment, just as we were hiding. It was a face that I was far too familiar with, as I had just stared his father down moments ago. Lucius had informed me of all the death eaters and allies of the dark lord which is why his face was so recognizable. The man who had conjured the dark mark was none other then Barty Crouch Jr. , a man who was supposed to be dead.