Chapter 17 -Two Roads-

Thinking that a dog had winked at me was the least of my worries at the moment, considering I had my O.W.L 's today. Stupid bloody exams, they sucked the fun right out of school although there was little to begin with.

My night had consisted of tea and sweets in order to keep me awake so I could study. I had vigorously studied throughout the last week,since I was top of my class it meant there were higher expectations. I needed to do well on these exams or else Lucius was gonna have my ass. I would have asked Draco to help me study since he was surprisingly smart but we were in a slight dispute at the moment.

Apparently,the little scratch he had received at the start of the year from Buckbeak the hypogriff had turned into a court trial. Draco had felt it necessary to keep me in the dark about all this and had made sure no information was relayed to me. However, I had gone down to have a chat with Hagrid to see if he needed my help with anymore lessons and he told me the whole story.

To say I was furious was an understatement, the majestic creature had done nothing wrong but now it was being sentenced to death. After hearing the news I had marched up to Draco in the common room and grabbed him by the ear. We had a huge argument in front of all the Slytherins in a true sibling like fashion.

Since that had happened a couple days ago we had barely spoken and we wouldn't until he apologized. Staring blankly at the wall in front of me , I began to mentally prepare myself for the exams. I walked over to my record player and lifted the needle, placing it delicately on the edge of the record. The tune of Killer Queen filled the room, making my head bob up and down.

Before I took exams I would usually listen to songs to pump myself up and it always worked. Skipping around my room and placing the rest of my books away, I felt more prepared than ever. The song came to an end and I carefully put the record away, tucking it in with the rest of my music. Sparing one final glance around my room, I confidently swung the door open and strutted down the stairs.

" Why in the hell do you look excited Rees, don't you know what today is?" Graham looks at me bewildered and gestures to the glum looking students in the room.

" I am well aware that we have exams Montague, and I am also well aware that I am going to ace them." I smugly respond and lift my head up arrogantly.

" Yeah,yeah don't come crying to me when you get dreadfuls in everything."  He dryly states before pulling me out into the halls. Rolling my eyes, we begin to make our way to our first lesson of the day, Divination.

Fred Weasley's Pov:

" I don't wanna gooooo Georgie." I whine as he attempts to pull me out the door.

" Come on mate we're only taking three, and besides we have Divination first which is super easy." My twin optimistically states

" I suppose you're right, I still wanna go back to bed though."

" And miss out on Trelawney pissing of your little snake?" He smirks

" Okay let's go." I sprint out the door and hear George laugh behind me. Meeting up with Lee, the three of us walk towards the North Tower. In front of us I spot her silver hair weaving through students, pushing them out of the way. Continuing towards the towers and into the classroom we take our seats.

" Look at that she is sitting with her little boyfriends." Lee nudges me in the arm and motions to where Rees is sitting with Pucey and Montague.

" Not surprised, although they're probably just pretending to be her friend to get a quick shag." I laugh and make a hand motion that has Lee and George bursting out in a fit of giggles.

" All right my dears, it is time to put your knowledge of the beyond to the test. Use your inner eye to help you through this exam and you will surely do great." Trelawney taps the center of the forehead and people around us try to hold back their laughs. After she drones on about the future and whatnot, we began our test.

Silence filled the room and the only sound was the ticking of the clock. George had been right, the test was really easy and the majority of the class had already finished. Of course the snake finished first and made sure to let everyone else know by slamming down her pencil and cockily laying back in her seat. I turned to my twin and took a piece of the chocolate he had snuck in, throwing it at the back of her .

She snapped her head around and looked at me sourly, throwing the chocolate back in my direction. It hit me directly in the face which cause Lee and George to stifle a laugh while the girl turned back around. Thankfully, Trelawney announced that the class was over and everyone practically rushed out of the room. George and I had just begun to walk out when I hear the snakes voice behind us.

" What in Salazars name are you doing, let go of me." I heard her growl. Pressing a finger to my lips,signaling that we had to be quiet, George and I turned around and ducked behind a nearby table. In the middle of the classroom Trelawney had grabbed both of the girls shoulders and was staring at her oddly. Out of no where, the professor inhaled sharply and began to speak in a strange tone.

" The truth will be revealed and the girl will have two roads to follow. Both will be taken, but only one will remain true. The evil resides within her, and only she can embark upon the journey in which she is given. Darkness will surround her in the days to follow as she nears the decision between past and future." Trelawney then closes her mouth and takes her hands off the girls shoulders. Delilah continued to stare at the Professor, a frightened look in her eye.

"P-Professor?" Delilah questions

" Oh sorry dear did you need something?" The woman acts as if nothing had happened and pats her on the arm before returning to her desk.

" What the fuck" George whispers to me and all I could do was watch as the girl shakily walked towards the exit. Maybe Divination wasn't so stupid as I previously thought.