Chapter 61 - Umbitch-

Fred Weasley Pov :

I watched as the girl beside me stomped down the hallway, nostrils flared in anger. Her black hair was slightly mangled, a result of her running her hands through it in frustration. We were nearing Professor McGonagall's office, prepared to inform her of our detention.

"This is absolutely ridiculous, that stupid Umbitch can -" Delilah starts to rant but I cut her off with a large smile.

"I'm sorry Snake did I just hear you say Umbitch ?" I chuckle, finding her hatred towards the woman hilarious.

"Yes, that is the more accurate name for that hideous toad." She sneers as I dissolve into a quiet laughter.

"You may want to contain that theory when we talk to McGonagall." I glance at her from the side, watching as she huffs in annoyance.

"I think anyone that is sane will agree with me." She grumbles, reaching for the the doorknob that leads into McGonagall's office. As we walk into the room, we see the professor sitting at her chair, looking grim and slightly harassed.

"Why are the both of you here?" She questions, peering at us from overtop of her glasses.

"We've been sent to see you." I respond, placing a gentle hand on Dellah's forearm, hoping that she won't lash out.

"Sent? What do you mean sent?" McGonagall inquires and Delilah stiffly holds out our notes from Professor Umbridge.

"She embellished in her description by the way." Delilah fiddles with her necklace, rolling her eyes while she spoke.

"Is it true that you disrupted her entire class and denied her authority?"

"In a way." I reply, pinching Delilah's side as she begins to open her mouth to retort.

"You shouted at her?" McGonagall glances at Delilah from above the note she was reading.

"I slightly raised my voice." Delilah muses, twirling her necklace innocently.

"Have a biscuit both of you." The professor hands us a tin as we look at her in confusion.

"Thank you?" I say nervously, taking a biscuit and handing one to Delilah.

"The two of you need to be more careful." She chastises in a surprisingly calm voice.

"How so?" Delilah challenges, scanning her eyes over McGonagall's features.

"Umbridge is apart of the ministry's invasion of Hogwarts, unless the both of you wish to be under close surveillance I advise against defying her." She instructs, mouth set in a firm line.

"I suppose you're right but that woman is unbelievably irritating." Delilah sighs, taking a large bite of her biscuit.

"Well unfortunately you will both be having her for detention every evening this week." McGonagall places the note down, standing up from her chair.

"Every night?!" I exclaim, shocked at the punishment.

"Yes, you will both go to professor Umbridge's office promptly at five beginning tomorrow, and remember to tread carefully around her." She emphasizes before walking around her desk to open the door for us.

"Thank you professor." I nod, Delilah and I stepping out of the office.

"This is completely and utterly stupid." The girl beside me groans as the door closes.

"Yes but at least you'll have me as company." I chirp, winking at her.

"Hooray for me." Delilah drones, walking away before I could get in a clever reply.