Chapter 3 -Detention-

I swear to god Hogwarts floors are the absolute worst, here I am trying to haul ass to potions and my shoes are continuously slipping. Finally when I'm a matter of three seconds from rounding the final corner,someone trips me and my body goes sprawling across the floor.

Of course with my luck, the doors in the hallway all close in unison and I am officially considered late for class. Clearly flustered, I quickly let out a mumbled curse and scrounge up all my belongings. When I look up to see what idiot decided to put their foot out I see the one and only Fred Weasley standing in front of me with a smirk plastered across his face. He mockingly holds out his hand to help me  but I shove it away and push myself up.

"I hope that wasn't intentional you ginger prat or I might just have to use my foot and shove it up your ass." I coldly state as my fists ball up at my sides

"Well someones feisty today, are you sure that you don't have something stuck up your ass Rees." He flashes me a grin and winks

"Whatever I don't have time to deal with you right now Weasel." I huff and shove his shoulder as I pass him making him slightly stumble.As soon as I knock on the classroom door Snape looks at me disapprovingly from inside and slowly strides over. 

"I hope you have a good reason for being tardy Rees." He sternly states.

"Yeah I had to preform the cruciatus curse real quick while I was on the way." I sarcastically respond with a smirk on my face .

The class starts to quietly snicker at my comment while Snape gives me a murderous look and hands me a detention slip. Great now I have to spend an extra hour organizing his potion shelf instead of doing something actually interesting with my life.

Unfortunately we have potions with the Gryffindors and as I look around the room the only available seat is behind the George and Lee. I groan and  slowly trudge my way over  desperately wishing that they wouldn't notice me.Unfortunately, they both turn around and glare at me as I set down my books.

For the rest of the class all I can do is roll my eyes as they continually get house points deducted from Gryffindor. I was nearly about to fall asleep while Snape was droning on about some potion when I heard them start an interesting conversation.

  "Do you really think he's going to try and come after Harry?" Lee questioned.

  " I don't know but Dad reckons Sirius Black must have escaped Azkaban for some reason and I can't help but think it involves him."George  replies.

I roll my eyes once more,of course they think  the escape of Sirius Black involves Potter.I wouldn't be surprised if they thought the whole world revolves around him and his stupid scar. It might be an interesting thing to tell my fellow Slytherins though ,another thing to tease the "chosen one" about.

The rest of the day was rather uneventful  and before I knew it,it was time for my detention.Unfortunately , when I look at the back row I see a certain ginger had also landed themselves in trouble with Snape.

"Well look who finally decided to show up" Snape drawls.

"Are you kidding me , I wouldn't miss this for the world" I deadpanned and took the seat furthest away from the annoying Gryffindor.Snape looks at me unamused and uses his wand to place a multitude of filthy cauldrons in front of us.Afterwards he explains that we are to clean them spotless without any magic.I groan and grab a sponge from the counter and begin to violently scrub.

I was busy concentrating on cleaning the cauldrons when I felt something hit my head.I slowly shift my gaze and see brown sludge coating my hair. My nostrils flare and I could practically feel steam coming out of my ears. I look over to see Fred Weasley raising his hands defensively with a massive grin across his face.

"You.Are.Dead.Weasel." I mouth out and while Snape is distracted I throw my own pile of cauldron filth at him. His face morphs into one of pure fury as he wipes his eyes and face. Before either one of us can do more damage Snape looks at our progress and dismisses us. I quickly dash out of the class and make my way to the Slytherin common room to avoid getting more filth thrown at me.

As I enter the common room I see three familiar third years seated on the couch.Draco and Pansy were too busy eating each other's faces to comment on my appearance. They have been dating for a couple months and could barely keep their hands of each other much to my disgust. If I didn't know better I would mistake them for lions mating in the wild.

"Yo lovebirds can you at least acknowledge my presence for one second" I teased.

"Hey it's not our fault you try to be edgy and act like any form of affection repulses you " Draco points out.I roll my eyes and sit between the two of them so that I don't actually vomit.

"So how was detention?" Blaise asks as he skeptically holds up the piece of my hair covered in filth.

" Horrible, somehow Weasley had gotten detention and decided to make my life a living hell." I say as I try to get the rest of the slime out of my hair.

"Wait till I get my hands on him" Draco intensely stares at the fire and I throw my head back and laugh.

"Please, as if your scrawny ass could do anything , and I'm plenty capable of handling my own problems. Speaking of which I overheard a rather interesting conversation today." I tell the three about the interesting notion that Sirius Black is in search of Harry Potter.

"No way, I wonder if  the stupid gits are actually onto something" Pansy remarked.

"I don't know but either way I would make sure to stay clear of that scar freak more than usual"I reply.

"Stupid Potter, can't he just go one year without trying to be the center of attention?" Draco scoffs.

"I don't think he's capable,anyways I'm going up to bed my arms are sore from scrubbing those stupid fucking cauldrons." I groan. Making my way up the stairs I couldn't help but think about what was said. Why did Sirius Black suddenly escape, and why now?

As I laid down in my bed my thoughts continuously went back to Sirius Black, and I wondered why my mind was so drawn to him. When my eyes finally drifted close, my dreams carried me back to the past and a  smiling man who had a laugh much similar to the bark of a dog.