Chapter 56 -No memory-

Fred Weasley Pov :

I woke up to a searing pain in my skull and a strange weight on my chest. Momentarily clamping my eyes shut to relieve some of the tension from my head, the pain diminished slightly. Bringing my fingers up to my temples, I began to rub them slowly, a trick I had performed on Delilah. The thought of the girl caused me to snap my eyes open, suddenly remembering that I was on the bed rather than the floor.

Looking down, I found that the weight on my chest was her head curled up into my shirt, arm draped over my abdomen. I stare at her in awe, considering the fact she hates it when I am in a one inch radius of her. Letting my head fall back against the headboard, I reach my fingers down to toy with hair. Taking her black locks in my hands, I gently stroke her hair, making sure not to wake her.

I was still confused as to how we had ended up in this position, the memory of last night being a blur. The last thing I could remember was Delilah bringing a bottle of firewhiskey and sharing it with me. I'm guessing that I overindulged myself, per usual, and became black out drunk. Still, that didn't explain why I was laying in bed with Delilah clinging on to me.

"Stop it-" Delilah mumbles into my shirt, suddenly moving her limbs. She was evidently having a dream of some sort, causing her to talk.

"Shhhh snake it's alright." I whisper, continuing to stroke her hair. Despite these words, her body writhes next to me, legs kicking out.

"No... mark" She murmurs, forming her hand into a tightly wound fist. I look down at her with concern now, as she scrunches her nose up in pain.

"Delilah wake up." I say with more authority, shaking her shoulders.

"I won't" She whimpers, fingernails clawing into my chest.

"Come on Delilah wake up!" I yell now, attempting to lift her off my chest.

"My lord please..." Delilah cries, eyes screwed shut.

"DELILAH!" I raise my voice even louder, causing her to finally wake. She open her eyes wide, chest heaving as she gasps for breath. Her hands grip the sheets tightly, knuckles turning a sickly shade of white. I watch as she opens and closes her mouth, attempting to regain her words.

"Sorry." She eventually whispers, voice hoarse.

"It's alright come here." I say gently, pulling the shaking girl towards me. Delilah complies, fingers curling into my shirt once more. I run a comforting hand down her back, trying to calm her startled nerves.

"You always smell like cinnamon." She lets out a quiet chuckle, face nuzzled into my shoulder.

"It's my natural scent." I smile softly, wrapping my arms tighter around her waist.

"I doubt that." Delilah mutters, pulling herself out of our embrace.

"Awww I thought we were having a moment." I playfully pout while she leans against the wall and pulls out a cig.

"Oh my did I hurt your feelings." She sarcastically responds, a puff of smoke escaping her lips.

"No, but I fear my ego is bruised." I hold a dramatic hand over my heart.

"Something else might be bruised if you keep talking." Delilah quips, leaning her head back.

"I think my chest is from those fingernails of yours." I chuckle, hoping to draw her into discussing the event that had taken place moments ago.

"Yeah I'm slightly sorry about that." She frowns, looking down at her hands.

"It's fine, I was just worried." I shrug.

"There's nothing to worry about, just a dream." Delilah sighs, taking a long drag.

"Didn't seem like just a dream." My eyes scan her over, taking in her usual aloof appearance.

"Listen, there's no need to act like you give a fuck." She snaps, her guarded demeanour resurfacing.

"Calm down, I'm only trying to help." I say in an earnest voice, surprising myself at the sincerity in my tone.

"Thank you but nightmares aren't something to whine about." Delilah crosses her arms, staring out the window.

"Whatever you say, just make sure your lord doesn't do anything." I glance at her out of the corner of my eye and see that her mouth is now open in shock.

"What did you just say." She says through clenched teeth.

"I said your lord, the one you were talking about in your sleep." I narrow my eyes, urging a piece of information out of her.

"What else did I say." Delilah urges quickly, leaning towards me on the bed.

"You said something about a mark and how you wouldn't do it." I supply, calculating the look on her features.

"Oh." She replies simply, bringing the cig up to her lips.

"Does that mean anything to you?" I question, observing her with skepticism.

"No, nightmares don't typically make sense." Delilah waves her hand dismissively, a cloud of smoke surrounding her.

"It seemed pretty important thou-"

"Just drop it Weasel." She cuts me off,glaring harshly.

"Sorry, just trying to understand thats all." I retort, trying to keep my composure.

"There is nothing to understand, I had a bad dream that's all." She huffs, bringing this topic to an end.

"Okay... but can you at least tell me how I ended up in your bed?" I inquire, hoping to get some form of clarity.

"One word Weasel, firewhiskey." Delilah points towards the empty bottle on the floor.

"Thought as much, I can't remember anything from last night." I chuckle, scratching the back of my neck.

"Anything?" She glances at me from the side, cig hanging loosely between her teeth.

"Nothing. Why, did something happen?" I ask, genuinely interested in the details of the previous night. Delilah looks me over with an unreadable expression before lifting herself off the bed.

"No, you just crawled into my bed and I didn't feel like moving you." She responds in a flat tone.

"Oh well, better off that I didn't do something stupid." I shrug, getting up off the bed as well.

"Yeah, don't mention last night to anybody though." Delilah explains, narrowing her eyes.

"Don't worry I won't let anyone know of our drunk adventures." I smirk.

"Thanks I am forever in your debt." She rolls her eyes, pocketing her pack of Marlboros.

"Any time Snake, now let's go down for breakfast I'm famished." I chirp, moving towards the door.

"Aren't you supposed to be hungover?" The girl questions.

"It takes a lot to get to an alcoholic like me." I wink. Striding out the door, I look over my shoulder to see Delilah with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.