Chapter 33

3 weeks later

Niall's P.O.V.

"Hey babe, what are you doing today?" I say right as she picks up, too excited to waste even a second.

"Well I was thinking we could-"

"We aren't doing that." I hear her nervously laugh and I join her, trying to act more normal. "I have something planned. Pick me up when you're ready."

Even though I had learned how to use my prosthetic, I was still worried about driving and wouldn't be able to drive for a while anyways, so she had been driving me everywhere lately.

Our relationship had been going well and Harry had started to be a part of our little friend group, which included us, Nicole, some guy she started dating, and of course Harry.

"Uh okay?" She sounds unsure and just as I am about to hangup, I remember something very important.

"Oh! And bring your soccer bag." I hit end and raise my self up and over into my wheel chair placed by my bed. For now this was going to be my main source of transportation since I hadn't yet mastered my new leg.

I roll out of my room and down the hallway where my mom is laying on the couch watching tv.

"Hey honey." She gives me a smile and I roll over to her.

"Hey. I'm telling her." Her face lights up and I start to blush, revealing a small smile.

"You are? That's great! She's going to be so happy." Her hand reaches out and strokes my cheek. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." The doorbell rings and I take a deep breath, knowing who it is. "That's her. I love you."

I reach over to give her a hug and she kisses my cheek, standing up to help me over to the front door.

I grab the handle and open it, my heart sinking at who it is.

"Harry?" He smiles and walks on in.

"Hey Maura." I watch as he gives my mom and hug and pats my shoulder.

"I thought you were meeting us there." I groan and Harry laughs.

The doorbell rings again and this time Harry answers before I can, causing me to run over his foot with my wheel chair. He yells and backs away from the door while I open it wide.

"Hello." I smile and she gives me a weird look.

"What's up with him?" She points to Harry and I shrug.

"He was being a dick, so I ran over his foot." She laughs but puts a hand over her mouth to hide it when Harry glares at her.

"So where am I taking you guys?" She pulls her sweatshirt over her hands and I smirk.

"You'll find out when we get there." i start to go out the door but she stands in front of me to block my path.

"You know, the driving should know where they're going." I grab her hand and pull her down to my height.

"I'll tell you where to turn." I kiss her nose and move around her, and over to where her car is parked. "Harry are you coming?"

"Yeah but my foot hurts." he mumbles as he hops on one foot over to the car.

Alana and I start laughing and she waves to my mom before closing the door and walking over to the car.

She walks around the car and helps me get into the passenger seat.

Once I am up and buckled I grab her hand and squeeze it. "What would I do without you?"

She blushes and kisses my cheek.