Chapter 8

Alana's P.O.V.

"Hey Alana."

What on earth was the possibility of this.

"Hey Niall." We stand there awkwardly until I blurt out the first thing I think of. "What are you doing here?"

"Well it is a cafe." Niall laughs, looking around him. "So I am obviously here to eat."

"Okay I am just trying to make conversation." I throw my hands up and roll my eyes.

"Anyways I um..I saw you with your boyfriend." Niall stares at the ground and I stand there confused until I realize who he is talking about.

"Oh..no he isn't..Harry isn't my boyfriend." Niall cringes at his name and I bite my lip. I wish I knew what happened between them. "Are you ever going to tell me?"

"Tell you what?" Niall pulls a cigarette out of his pocket and sticks it between his teeth.

"About what happened with Harry?"

"I already told you, nothing happened." He struggles slightly to talk with the cigarette between his lips.

"You are going to set the fire alarm off if you light that." I point to the cigarette and Niall nods.

"Probably, which is why I am not lighting it." He smirks and pulls it out with two fingers. "You want to try?"

"Ew no! I have told you a thousand times that that thing will kill you."

"And I have told YOU a thousand times that I don't care." I don't know why he was so frustrating.

"Whatever. I need to go to the bathroom." Right as I turn to go in, Niall grabs my wrist and pushes me against the wall.

My heart starts beating a million miles an hour as he sets his hand now on my waist and uses the other to grab a strand of my hair between his fingers that are not holding the cigarette.

A wicked smile appears across his face as he twists the hair and tucks it behind my ear.

"You know...even if you were dating.." His lips now hover over mine and I take small short breaths, knowing what would happen. For some reason I couldn't stop it, I was stuck in place.

He leans in, only to pull away before we even touched. I could feel the shadow of his lips over mine still there.

"I wouldn't care."

"What?" He was so confusing but doesn't answer my question. I shove him away from me. "And what the hell was that?"

"What?"

"You almost kissed me." I say the words slowly, afraid of his possible reactions. He stays silent, as if he can't believe what had almost happened either.

"I-I am sorry." Niall takes a deep breath and puts his head in his hands.

"Don't be sorry. I would have let you-"

"I just-you're a good girl and I can't do that to you."

"What do you mean?" I am hurt by his words, he didn't know everything about me. I didn't always follow the rules.

"Alana, I am more messed up than you think I am. I just..See you in math class."

He is gone before I can even respond.

---

"You have to lock your ankle. I am telling you it is the only thing right now you can do to make your shot even better." Harry explains.

I laugh at the thought of how my great aunt was chubby and we had called her "kankles" behind her back.

"Whats so funny?" Harry raises an eyebrow at me.

"Kankles." i laugh and kick the ball into the net. "My great aunt had kankles."

"What?" I didn't expect him to get it, I was really random at times.

"Nevermind. So I have a question for you." Harry groans and stomps over to the sidelines to grab his waterbottle.

"When do you not have a question for me?" I roll my eyes as he throws me my water and I drink half of it without thinkng twice.

"I was just wondering if you were going to try out for the club this fall? For soccer?"

"Oh..I uh.. I dunno actually. I am still trying to figure that out. My mom and I are still working everything out right now." i nod and decide to leave it at that.

I knew Harry was still having a rough time with his mother. It had been a week since I saw him at the cafe and since then he had begun to open up alittle more.

"Now I have a question for you."

"Go ahead." I toss my waterbottle to the side and he does the same.

"So you know how the homecoming dance is next Saturday?" I nod and motion for him to continue.

"So um..well I was hoping you could kinda help me...I uh..there is this girl I really want to ask. She is really sweet and funny and can be sorta annoying," Harry laughs at that, "but I really want to ask her."

My heart starts fluttering at that and I pray that the girl is me.

"Go on."

"And I just don't know how to ask her. I know not to go all out prom style but what should I do?" Harry's face is turning pink and I laugh.

"Well I think you should go for some flowers or if she is into a sport, find a way to mix that into it. Like if she plays basketball tell her to go to the gym and have "HOCO" written on the basket or something." I want to continue but don't want to make it too obvious that I think it is me.

Harry had been spending all this time with me and we had gotten pretty close...

"Okay. I will try that. She plays a sport so I think I have an idea." I feel my face heat up and bite back a smile.

"So are you going to tell me who it is?"

He smirks but shakes his head.

"You will find out on Friday."

And of course...it was Monday.

"Oh come on! You have to tell me." I nudge his shoulder with mine.

"I dunno. I kinda want it to be a surprise." He scratches the back of his neck nervously.

"I won't tell anyone! I promise!" i hold up my pinky and he slaps it away. "Ouch!"

"I will tell you if you make the shot." He picks up the ball and puts it on the penalty mark. He walks up to goal and stands there.

I take a deep breath and shake my head.

"You know, you could make this a lot easier and just tell me."

"But that would take the fun out of it!" Harry whines, jumping up and down in the goal.

"Fine." I sigh and take the shot.

I close my eyes and hope that it goes in.

"Damn it." I open my eyes to see Harry standing there with the ball in the net.

I run over and stand in front of him.

"Sooo who is she?"

He leans down and whispers in my ear, "A person."

"Harryyyy." I punch his shoulder and he laughs at me.

"You will find out friday." He smirks, leaving me full of wonder and excitement.

----------------------------------------------

{A/N:

Hey lovlies:)

Which do you like better~ Halana or Nalana?

I don't even know which one I like tbh...

Anyways comment, vote and keep reading!

ILYSMXO}