Chapter 9

Alana's P.O.V.

'Twas the night before Friday (lol jk)

It was finally Thursday night and I had been waiting to hear from Harry.

He had not gone to any other practices this week so I had been all alone.

I assumed he had been with his mom or volunteering again, which I thought was incredible and very generous. I wondered if he did it just to do it, or if there was any reason.

Niall had not been in class the since the cafe incident but I was hoping to see him tomorow.

I decided to text both of them "hey".

I had been thinking lately about how I had been spending time with both of them. Both were very attractive but seemed almost completely opposite, I wasn't sure if I liked either of them, was it possible for me to like both?

I myself still couldn't even tell...but judging by the way I reacted when Harry told me about homecoming, I guess I was beginning to like him.

All week I had been waiting for tomorrow and it was finally almost here. I had never been asked to a dance and this would honestly mean the world to me.

But then again, what happened at the cafe with Niall took my breath away. Literally...I could not breathe.

No matter how hard i tried to sleep, I could not find myself even close to tired. I was too excited.

I watched tv for three hours before finally feeling my eyes start to droop.

I checked my phone practically every five seconds but that didn't seem to help. I had come to realize that the less you check your phone, the more notifications you get.

I don't get a respond before I fall asleep, leaving me even more restless for the next hour but I make it through the night.

--

I am upset when I wake up to find that I still have not gotten any replies from either. And to add to that, they had both been read.

Thinking about the possibilities of how Harry could ask me (which I wasn't sure if he was even going to) I decided to actually dress decent today. I usually wore athletic clothes, but occasionally I decided to dress up. Nicole always got super annoyed with me because I never wore my hair down.

I wore a black high waisted skirt along with a white shirt and some flats. it was mid fall so I decided to add a black sweater.

Once I texted Nicole a pic of my outfit and my hair she called me and lectured me for ten minutes about how good it was for me.

I hadn't even had the chance to talk so i set my phone down in my room with her on speaker. She asked for my reply once or twice so i just answered with an "mhm" or "yep". I was awful talking on the phone.

After I finished talking on the phone, I looked around to figure out other things I could do to spice up my outfit. I had maybe one or two necklaces that I could wear and I did have my ears pierced so I wore earrings.

For once i put on some light makeup i found in my mom's drawer in the bathroom and walk out the door.

Nicole asked me to pick her up on the way to school and I did just that.

"You look so fucking hot. Did Harry do this to you? I like him even more!" She literally has her own conversation with herself the whole way there about Harry and I.

"You know, I told you I didn't like him. But I think he might be asking me to homecoming today."

Nicole squeals and I turn the volume on the radio just about all the way up to block her out.