Chapter 15

Alana's P.O.V.

"I'll have a mocha cookie crumble please." My fingers twist the end of my sweater as I order. It smelled of bacon and eggs as well as coffee of course, just like it always did at this time in the morning.

"You're order should be ready soon." The girl working the cashier hands me my reciept and I walk over to a table to sit at and wait. She has probably memorized my order by now, though she hadn't said anything. I had been coming here for a while since what happened.

Two weeks.

Two weeks I had come here just to see Niall, and he never showed. Not even to school. Not even to math.

My stomach twisted at the thought.

I had seen Harry a few times, and when I went to the fields he was never there.

"Alana?"

I snap my head up, but its only the boy at the counter, handing me my drink. I take it in one hand and walk out to my car.

My phone then rings and I take it out of my back pocket, hoping its either Niall or Harry, but mostly Niall. Or maybe I wanted Harry to call me more?

I answer it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I hold my breath.

"Hey Al, you wanna come over?" Nicole's voice chirps through the phone and I sigh.

"Uh yeah sure." I needed some girl time.

"Are you feeling better?" To be honest, not at all. I kept telling her i was getting better to shut her up.

I wouldn't eat and so she would watch me the whole lunch period in order for me to take even one bite.

"Uh kinda." I shrug, only then realizing that she can't see me.

"Really?" the disbelief shows clearly in her voice.

"No. I just don't know what to do." I groan and start my car, beginning the journey to Nicole's house.

"Well thats why you are coming over today for ice cream and a movie marathon." i take a sip of my drink and set it in the cup holder.

"Nic, I just got starbucks."

She laughs and I do too, though now I regret buying it.

"So? You can never have too much ice cream!"

"Uh this is like ten thousand calories by itself and it is not the same as ice cream." i drive along the road while holding my phone in one hand, attempting to not get in an accident.

"Yes it is."

"No it isn't. Ice cream is probably healthier for you." I laugh and it feels good. I have forgotten what it feels like to be somewhat okay.

Nicole used to have a starbucks addiction last year and drank it basically every day until I finally convinced her that it was really bad for you. She finally stopped, but to this day still argues with me about it.

"Whatever. Just get here soon." I hangup and pull into her street. Nicole had lived in a different house every three years, though all in the same city. Her family loved to move. I pull into her driveway and walk right into her house.

"Hey Alana!" Jared, Nicole's younger brother, says from the living room. He must have known I was coming.

"Hey Jared!" I run up the stairs and into Nicole's room. She sits there and looks around me. I raise an eyebrow at her for her odd actions and she groans.

"You were supposed to get the ice cream!" she throws her hands in the air.

"Well how was I supposed to know if you didn't tell me!" I laugh and jump on her bed. It was the most comfortable bed, besides mine of course.