Chapter 28

Alana's P.O.V.

I take quiet steps down the hallway, trying to remember the pathway to Niall's door.

The nurse had told me I was allowed to go in since he had waken up, but I told her not to tell him I was coming because I wanted to surprise him.

The hallways are narrow with bright white lights shining all the way down, making me feel claustrophobic.

I shutter at the cold air blowing through the vents I pass by.

Hospitals really creep me out.

Finally I get to his door and slowly turning the knob.

When I open, I see his figure laying down on the bed, not evening acknowledging my entrance.

"Niall?" He looks over to me before an angry look coming across his face.

"Leave." he says.

"W-what?" I take a step closer and he groans.

"Get out!" He snaps, pointing to the door. I shake my head and take a few steps closer.

"I don't want you here." he yells.

"Niall what is your problem-"

"I SAID I DON'T WANT YOU HERE! You honestly think that we still had a thing?" I feel tears in my eyes but I blink them back. "You're so stupid. Why do you think I never asked you to be my girlfriend?"

I look at him speechless and turn around, attempting to sprint out the door, but my legs won't move.

I'm stuck and Niall continues to yell at me to leave but I can't.

"I-I can't." I say through tears and he screams.

"Go!" He points to the door and i shake my head, unable to move.

"I-i can't. I can't.."

I open my eyes and look where I am. The lights are bright and it takes a few moments for my eyes to adjust.

It was all a dream.

I place my fingers to my cheek, feeling tear stains and i whipe them away with the back of my hand.

My heart races and I take a deep breath. That was absolutely awful.

I take my phone out and check the time.

9:34 am

I groan and plug my charger into the wall once I realize that I am on 3%...which rarely happens because my phone usually dies at 20%.

I am putting in my headphones when I feel a tap on my shoulder, making me jump three feet of the ground.

"I'm sorry sweetie." the nurse smiles and removes her hand. "I just wanted to let you know that he is awake."

I nod and take a deep breath, wondering if my dream meant anything.

It honestly scared the shit out of me, I had never even thought of Niall freaking out at the sight of me.

Gathering all of my things into my bag, I slowly get up and make my way down the hallway I witnessed not too long ago in my dreams.

This time was better because I had the nurse, but I was still worried.

As soon as we get to the door, I hesitate to open it, but she gives me a reassuring nod, and I decide to trust her.

"N-niall?" I stutter, carefully taking a step in. He turns his head and has a smile on his face this time, motioning for me to come over to him.