Chapter 12

Alana's P.O.V.

Tonight was the night I had been dreading this whole damn week. The last thing I wanted to do was to go to homecoming but Nicole told me I needed to.

She was coming over in half an hour to help make me look pretty. I didn't even bother buying a dress, so she was going to bring me one of hers.

I asked Niall if he was sure he wasn't going to go and he said (and I quote) "no way in hell am i going." To be honest I was alittle upset he wasn't going to go, I actually enjoyed talking to him at times.

We were planning to actually go to another game on Sunday.

I really enjoyed the one we went to last weekend and apparently so did he

The door bell rang as I was about to call Nicole. She usually wasn't late.

I walk downstairs to get the door for her and right as I open it she shoves through, hands full of bags and clothes.

"Alright. I think I have everything." I look at all her makeup bags and curlers.

"Am I really that ugly?" I joke, running my hands through whatever have this crap was.

"Eh." she shrugs and I punch her shoulder.

"Okay sit down." I do as I am told and watch as she rolls sections of my hair into curlers, while burning me twice in the process might I add.

"I really don't want to do this part." I groan as Nicole takes out her makeup bags and sets them on the table next to me.

"Too bad." I knew Nicole was loving this. She had always wanted to put makeup on me to see how I would look.

I close my eyes and attempt to enjoy this part and it actually isn't too bad. it actually felt kinda good. Besides the eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow plucking...never again..

"Okay!" she unrolls the curlers and when I look at the clock we have three hours until the dance. "Damn you look hot."

Just as I pick up a mirror my jaw drops. I look like a completely different person.

"Wow." I continue to stare at the face I didn't recognize until Nicole throws a dress ontop of my head and shoves me in the closet. "Time to get dressed, we have to go to eat and take pictures still."

---

After lots of food and pictures, Nicole and I drive up to the school. I was getting nervous now, not wanting to see Harry with Courtney.

She was a nice girl and beautiful, I didn't have that much of a chance.

"Okay. Lets go." Nicole takes the keys out of the ignition and we walk in. I hold on to her arm in fear that I might fall in these heels.

My dress goes down to about mid thigh and it is a dark purple color.

"I don't think I can do this." I hold my stomach as we near the gym. Nicole takes my hand.

"Yes you can. You have to. it will be okay." she offers a small smile only to turn it devious as she tugs me inside.

Everyone is already dancing and the room is dark.

I make my way through the crowd with Nicole all the way to the middle of the room.

She starts dancing and I decide to join her. I may be shy, but I could dance.

We dance and I laugh at how she attempts to dougie. We were a mess.

Just as a slow song comes on, I make my way over to the punch. I hated being around other couples doing nothig. it was so awkward.