Better Than Expected

A/N: Here's a Christmas present from me. Don't celebrate Christmas? Just take the chapter anyway. Not much to say this time around. This chapter is pretty fluff filled for the most part, but that's kinda just what I wanted this time around. Honestly I doubt many of you will have complaints about that.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and fuck 2020.

Kyouka groaned as she laid down on her stomach, the only thing keeping her face from sinking into the sand being Izuku's torso as he was laying on his back. Kyouka laid perpendicular to him with her head on his chest. Normally they'd be an awkward mess. But, after their "activities" the night prior, they were on a temporary confidence boost. 

Besides, the fatigue from their training made it hard to move anyway.

"Why the hell did I offer to join you on your workout?" Kyouka asked, her voice muffled by Izuku's body.

Izuku closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth of the nearly fully risen sun and Kyouka. "The desire to improve your physical fitness?"

"Screw that."

"Spending time with me?"

"Nah." 

Izuku chuckled, "Then I have no idea. You can't blame me."

"Oh, Izuku. You know I'll blame you for this."

Izuku smiled, tilting his head down to look at Kyouka. “I’ll happily take the blame for making you stronger.” 

Kyouka groaned as she sat up straight, “And for putting me in pain.” She raised her arms above her head, popping her back as she stretched. After receiving no response from Izuku, she turned to see him staring at her. “...Izuku?”

“Hm? Wh-What?”

“Were you...ogling me while I stretched?”

“Wh-Wha-!? N-No I-..Wait, since we’re dating am I allowed to say yes?”

Kyouka scoffed, lightly shoving him. “What the hell is wrong with you? You stare at me often?”

“...Define often.”

Kyouka rolled her eyes, leaning back on her hands as she stared out at the water. Maybe the workouts were helping. She could look better that way. It was a long shot, but it was the only explanation she could think of as to why Izuku found her body good enough to gawk at. That itself was still a mystery she could not solve. But, Kyouka was doing her best to just accept it and move on. She figured it would be better to just let Izuku like what he likes.

 Who was she to stop him just because she thought her body was entirely unappealing?

She might not understand why Izuku finds her attractive, nor does she believe him half of the time. But, he claimed that he does and liked to show it. She wasn’t about to reject that. Izuku was her happy pill, keeping the bad thoughts at bay.

But, those bad thoughts still managed to break through from time to time. Hopefully that didn’t mean Izuku would one day not be enough to stop them.

Kyouka sighed, “By “often”, I mean a few times a day.”

“Then a more appropriate word would be: constant.”

A blush blossomed on Kyouka’s cheeks, “When did you learn how to flirt?”

“I didn’t, I’m still winging it. W-Was that good?”

“Good line, delivery could use some work.”

“I-I’ll work on it.”

“But…” Kyouka leaned over Izuku, leaning down to touch their noses together. “It was good enough to warrant a repeat of last night...If you want to, I mean. Obviously we’re tired from training, and uh...Damn, I almost had it didn’t I?”