Summertime Sadness

A/N: So, it's been uh...a month. Very, very stressful. But, the worst is hopefully over. We're finally at camp, and things will begin to ramp up next chapter.

Really ramp up. Once again, I have to ask...Do you guys trust me?

...~AIV~...

"So, this Moonfish guy..." Dabi slumped into the barstool next to Tomura and slid his hands into his jacket pocket, "He really worth all this trouble?"

"Eh, debatable," Tomura shrugged, swiveling around in his chair to watch Kurogiri and Twice work. They had moved the stools and tables away from the center of the room, giving their new arrival some space. Odds were it wouldn't be pretty. Being pulled out of jail via a mysterious black portal wouldn't exactly be the safest feeling in the world. "But, if this works, I have an idea for the future. Besides, the more distractions the better."

"That all we are? Distractions?"

"Mm, that's the plan. But, if you're asking if you're only going to be distractions after the attack, that entirely depends on how much worth you prove to have."

Dabi noncommittally grunted in response, returning his eyes to the black vortex before them. He leaned back against the bar, preparing for his next question, "I do have to ask: Why the Midoriya kid? You put him on the 'Do Not Touch' list. What's that about?"

Tomura didn't answer immediately, opting to take his hand hooked in his belt loops and put it back onto his face. Standing up from the bar, he rolled his shoulders back as he responded, "All in due time, my overcooked friend."

"Ungh, you're a real dick, you know that?"

"Thank you."

"That wasn'-"

"Kurogiri," Tomura interrupted him, moving on from the conversation. "Shouldn't they be back by now?"

"Mm," Kurogiri hummed noncommittally, "The truck should have left by now, so it shouldn't be long. Twice?"

Twice saluted Tomura, resting back in one of the booths, "Running smoothly! Stop fucking asking!"

Yeah, that was about right.

"What are they doing again?" Dabi asked as he reached behind the counter to rummage for a beer.

"Toga is impersonating the head guard while Twice cloned the rest of the team. They take the truck on its regular route until it passes the river, Kurogiri portals them out, and Compress does his thing on the truck and tosses it into the river," Tomura shrugged. "Ya know, standard heist movie shit. Truck schedule was gifted to us by Giran."

"Why wasn't I involved with this plan?"

"Cause not every guard looks like beef jerky left under the fridge for three years."

"And the guards we replaced?" Dabi continued, ignoring the jab. Tomura didn't answer Dabi's question, merely giving him a knowing look. "Right. Well, hopefully this'll be over before anyone knows they're missi-"

"GOT 'IM!"

Six clones of armed Tartarus guards holding a man completely concealed in a straight jacket and bindings suddenly flew through the portal, with all of the guards landing in a splash as they dissolved on impact.

Himiko, looking like a middle-aged bearded guard, hopped through the portal and raised her hands to the sky, "Towel!"

Twice sprung into action, grabbing the bath towel he had on hand swiftly wrapped it around Himiko. Once the towel was secured around her body, her disguise began to melt away. Compress walked through the portal just in time for Himiko to shake herself clean like a wet dog and fling goop onto him, sighing behind the protective visor of his guard disguise.