Words Hurt Like Hell

AN: Surprise. Thanks to a lot of comments I've come up with a compromise to give you guys the romance you want and to keep the original One-shot's story intact.

And my drawing of Izuku is finished. I'm not at home at the moment, so I'll post him up here later. Kyouka's next. Some of you might be surprised, some might be disappointed. I still hope you enjoy anyway.

Update: Here's Izuku. Also, the second drawing in this chapter is also mine.

 Also, the second drawing in this chapter is also mine

"W-...What?"

"C'mon, what did they say?"

Izuku paused as he contemplated his next move. "Th-They talked about you girls, like I said."

"I know. I mean, what exactly did they say? Specifics?"

"Uh, why d-do you want to know?" 

Now Kyouka was really suspicious. Izuku wouldn't be dodging the question if it wasn't a big deal. "Izuku, what happened?" He remained silent, looking around for anything to distract them from the conversation. "Izuku...what did they say about me?"

It had to be about her. Izuku may not be a liar, but that didn't mean he would tell people things they likely didn't want to hear. He had told the truth, just not the specifics. Kyouka knew herself that knowing the answer was going to hurt.

Badly.

It was too late. She had to know.

Izuku sighed and looked to his feet, "...I can't."

"Can't or won't?"

"Both. Even if I could, I refuse to have those words come out of my mouth.

...That bad?

Kyouka nodded, "Okay, I understand." Izuku sighed in relief. "I'll just ask them."

Izuku's eyes widened, "What?! Kyouka, it's-" She was already walking over to Kaminari on the other side of the room. Izuku quickly rushed over and grabbed her, spinning her around and pushing her to the back of the room and away from everyone else. "Kyouka, please just listen. It's just...it was stupid. It was all just really idiotic slander."

"Slander? So if none of it was true, then why are you so worried? It should be fine. You know that dumb saying. Sticks and stones may break my bones-"

"But words can hurt like hell, and you know it."

Kyouka grabbed Izuku's shoulders, "Izuku... please." The greenette's mouth opened and closed repeatedly, no words coming out. He eventually looked back down at his feet, shaking his head. Kyouka's arms dropped down. "...Fine."

All Might turned around from the monitor and spoke to the class. "Team G and Team C are up next!" 

Kyouka began to back away, Izuku still not meeting her eyes. She turned around to see Kaminari waiting for her by the exit. 'Alright Pikachu, you have some answers for me.'