Fake

A/N: Okay, after this it's time I return to Thank You. At least one damn chapter to prove I'm not dead.

I am in the process of moving, but I should still be able to get some stuff done.

Another 10k words chapter, so enjoy. A bit of a cool down chapter, but an important one.

Kyouka awoke with a start, her hands gripping the blankets. Groaning, Kyouka sat up, wrapping her arms tighter around herself. She had a nightmare of something chasing after Izuku, but she couldn’t see what it was. Due to not knowing what he looked like, Kyouka had to guess it was All For One. 

Kyouka couldn’t lie, she was terrified. It wasn’t like that fear would make her leave Izuku like he was afraid of. She had shut down Izuku’s train of thought about that immediately. But, she didn’t want to worry him further by expressing her fears, so she kept it to herself, putting on a brave face for him. 

She would talk with him about it later tonight.

...Hopefully ending with a repeat of their actions last night. 

Kyouka hopped out of bed, blushing as she thought back to it. That was a big step for them. If someone had told Kyouka three and a half months ago that she would be shoving her tongue in someone else’s mouth, she would want to vomit. In reality, it did sound kinda disgusting.

...But, she definitely wasn’t complaining now.

Kyouka heard her phone buzz on the bedside table, not surprised to see Izuku's name pop up on screen. Sitting back down, she answered. "Morning, Broccoli Boy."

"Oh, dusting off an oldie?"

"That name is not that old, I just haven't used it in a while. I'm getting way too cluttered with all the names I've given you. At this point I should keep a file cabinet."

Izuku chuckled, "That's not a bad idea. But, anyway, the reason I'm calling...Have you seen the news this morning?"

"Nah, I just woke up. What's going on?"

"W-Well...I figured out why Iida left early yesterday. His brother was badly injured in a villain attack."

Kyouka immediately grew worried, her finger twirling her jack. Iida had talked so passionately about how he looked up to his brother weeks prior. The timing of the attack now was almost like a sick joke. 

"Like, how badly are we talking here?"

"The hospital is keeping his status private, but from the sounds of it...really bad. They think it was the Hero Killer."

Oh...That wasn't good.

That quickly sent Kyouka's already low hopes down the drain. 

"...The same Hero Killer that killed tons of Pros and left the ones he didn't kill injured beyond significant repair?"

She could hear Izuku sigh from the other end, "Yeah…"

The musician fell back against the blankets, "Damn. That's...I can't even imagine. I feel so dumb for not getting his phone number. Even if he didn't respond, telling him we're here would count for something. Do you have his number?"

"...You know who you're talking to, right?"

"Yeah, I realized it the moment I said it." 

Kyouka had said it before, but that was more proof that her and Izuku weren't that great with people outside of their little bubble they crafted for the two of them. It wasn't like that was a mystery, especially for Izuku. She was a lot better than him at it for obvious reasons, doing most of the talking for him.