A Step Back Can Be The Way Forward

AN: Okay, this chapter jumps around A LOT. I'm so sorry about that.

Juggling two main characters and then giving scenes to multiple side characters is rough.

But, I wanted to show the back and forth comparisons of Izuku and Kyouka's day.

This is also very dialogue centric for Kyouka and All Might as they clash at times. But, it's necessary for both of them.

I almost forgot, but thank you all for 2k followers. Love you guys ^_^

...~AIV~...

*Beep*

Toshinori’s desk phone suddenly lit up, “All Might, you have a call on line one.”

 He leaned forward and pressed the call button, “I’m a bit busy at the moment.”

 “It’s Gran Torino, sir. He said it’s important, and that he was to speak to you alone. Um…he also said to answer your cell phone next time, you…I don’t think I can call you that and not be fired.”

All Might sighed and nodded, “Just one second. We’ll continue this conversation another time, Young Jirou. Besides, I’m sure you want to inform Young Midoriya about all of this. Now, if you’ll excuse me.”

Kyouka nodded, standing up from the chair and leaving the office.

As soon as Kyouka left the office, Toshinori picked up his desk phone and answered, “If you can’t change my mind, I can absolutely guarantee you’ll never change Young Midoriya’s mind.”

Toshinori did his best to hold back a laugh at Torino’s grumbling from the other end of the call. “I can’t believe you let this happen.”

All Might scoffed, leaning back in his chair and looking out at the cityscape, “You say that like I have, had, or ever will have control on my pupil’s personal life.”

“Don’t get smart with me, Toshinori,” Torino snapped, “You know what I mean. You didn’t even think to advise the boy against starting a relationship with all the dangers this quirk of his brings?”

“I, uh…Actually, I encouraged it.”

“...Excuse me?”

“He thought the same thing a little over a month ago and planned to break it off with Young Jirou, but I talked him out of it.” Toshinori could practically feel the disappointment and bewilderment entwined into the silence that emanated from the phone. 

“Need I remind you of what happened to the last person who tried to live in both worlds?”

Toshinori suddenly sat up straight, his grip on the phone tightening, his voice coming out sternly, “Don’t you dare ever think I need to be reminded of that.” He would never talk to Torino like that, but…the topic was sensitive for both of them. 

“I…” Gran Torino sighed, his own bitter tone weakening, “I know. I’m sorry, it’s just…Nana’s entire life was upheaved at a moment's notice. We still don’t even know what happened to her son, for God's sake. We watched her become devastated in the days leading up to her decision…”

“And watched her break the days and weeks afterwards…” Toshinori finished for him. “I know…I know.”

“Then you know everything these two are risking.”

“I won’t let that happen.”

“And if you can’t stop it from happening?”

“Then they will themselves.”