Happy Birthday, Kyouka

...~AIV~...

Kyouka grumbled at the sound of her door creeping open with footsteps approaching her bed.

She buried her face further into her pillow, her voice coming out muffled, "You could be a little quieter, you know?"

She heard Izuku chuckle, placing his hand on her hip and pressing a kiss to the back of her neck, "I don't think it would help. You probably heard me coming up the stairs."

Kyouka grabbed his hand, draping his arm over her body, "Front door, actually."

Izuku followed her lead and laid down, pulling Kyouka to his chest and burying his face into her hair, "Happy Birthday, Kyouka."

"Thank you," Kyouka smiled, bringing Izuku's hand up to kiss his knuckles. "This probably wasn't what my parents had in mind when you said you were going to come wake me up."

"If it wasn't what they had in mind, then it should at least be what they expected me to do instead."

"True enough. So, is it my turn for a surprise party?"

"As if we'd be able to sneak anybody in here without you hearing them. Imagine trying to keep Mei quiet. Taking her to that movie last week was a nightmare."

"Hmhmhm, I thought Tenya was gonna have an aneurysm. So, what do you have planned for me then?"

"I said I didn't have a surprise party. Never said I didn't have a few surprises up my sleeve. You gave me the best birthday of my life last month, so I've got a big act to follow."

"Do these surprises require me to be up right this instant?"

Izuku smiled, kissing her shoulder, "Maybe five more minutes."

"Ten," Kyouka bargained.

"I don't know. Your parents may get suspicious if I'm up here with you for another ten whole minutes."

"They have a right to, because who said I wanted to spend the next ten minutes sleeping?"

"..." Izuku propped himself up on his elbow, allowing Kyouka to roll onto her back to smirk up at him. "...You're one hell of a businesswoman. Ten minutes it is."

Kyouka smiled as Izuku's lips connected with her's, feeling his arms snake around her back. Her first birthday with a boyfriend was already a resounding success. It was hard to think that a year ago she would have just spent her birthday with her parents. She hadn't been close enough to anybody to warrant an invitation, not that she particularly wanted to make a big deal out of it anyway.

But, Izuku clearly wouldn't take that sitting down.

As far as he was concerned, the day she was born should be considered an international holiday.

So, she was ready for him to be extra affectionate today. Which was difficult to imagine, since he showered her with love constantly. But, that shower was probably going to turn into a downpour with an accompanying flood warning.

A downpour that seemingly already started, as Izuku left her lips and trailed kisses down her neck and onto her collar bone, and his left hand moved from her back to rub the outside of her thigh.

These had become two of his signs that meant he was asking for permission to go further.

Over the weeks since his birthday night, they had continued to play with the borderline of their intimacy. They were seeing how far they could push it before actually crossing it.