Studying

A/N: HOLY FUCK! SIX MONTHS?!

This hiatus was NOT planned. My school schedule was WAY worse this time around. I didn't have time for jack-shit.

This chapter is mainly just lead in to the start of the midterms next chapter, so forgive me if it's not super interesting to some of you. But, I had to get something out. This was way overdue. This chapter has been sitting in my documents 50% finished all this time.

...~AIV~...

"Ugh, I forgot how awful studying is. They know teenagers have terrible attention spans, right?"

Izuku sighed, nodding his head in agreement, "We just have to power through it. You're in the top ten of the class, so you've got to be used to it by now."

Kyouka looked up at Izuku, who sat at his desk, from her position on the bed with an embarrassed smile.

"To be honest, I've more or less just been coasting through the year. Last minute cram sessions and all that. It's honestly kinda funny how it's the twenty-second century and schools still haven't figured out yet that most of their answers are online." Izuku swiveled around in his chair, a raised brow aimed at his girlfriend, "N-Not that I do that...too often."

Shaking his head with a chuckle, Izuku turned back to his textbook, "I won't act like I'm not guilty of it either. I've spent way too many nights scrolling through hero news or writing in my journals instead of studying for exams."

Turning over and flopping on her back, Kyouka raised her textbook up above her head and flipped through the pages, "Then I'd say we're both doing really good for a couple of procrastinators."

"Yeah, but if we're serious about this duo, then we'll have to put those days behind us." Izuku faltered at the look of panic Kyouka shot at him, "W-Well, for the most part. We have to study, but our lives have proven to get hectic on a constant basis. We'll do what we can. Let's just aim to keep our positions in the top ten. That'll definitely keep us on good terms with Mr. Aizawa."

"That sounds good to me...Wait a second..." Kyouka flipped back over, peering curiously at Izuku, "You're ranked fourth in the class, right? Who's third?"

"Hm? Oh, it's Kacchan."

...Well, that wouldn't do at all.

"Alright, new plan. We're going to aim to beat him...Okay, odds are I'm not jumping up four positions in under two months. So you're going to beat Bakugou."

Izuku furrowed his brow, looking over his shoulder at Kyouka, "That's a terrible idea."

"Getting a high rank in class is a terrible idea?"

"No, not that. Provoking Kacchan on purpose. That's not adding fuel to a fire, it's throwing live grenades into an already occurring explosion."

"Literally everything we do provokes him. What makes this different?"

"I'll become his active target again...Or, well, more active. I have a lot going for me right now, and even more to worry about ruining that in the likely not so distant future. I-I...I just can't focus on Kacchan and his problems with me at the moment. I have my own large array of bones I should probably pick with him, but I just can't do it now. He's left us alone since the Sports Festival, which means I can only hope what I said got through to him somehow. But, with..." Izuku paused, remembering that he had to keep the door slightly open with his mother in the house, and rolled his chair over to Kyouka. He continued with a low voice, "With One For All, the League, All For One, midterms, our duoship, trying to maintain this sort of stable status quo with my mom, I just can't focus on Kacchan. He's adamantly hated me since I was five, and I know how stubborn and stuck in his own head he is. It's going to be a while before any progress is made on that, and I can't put that on the top of my priorities lists. I don't want that, but I don't have much choice. He and I don't like one another, and Kacchan isn't the type to apologize. He once told our sixth grade homeroom teacher that he would rather blast his legs off than apologize."