Calm Before the Storm

A/N: Perfect, got it in right before the end of the month.

...~AIV~...

"...We're going, aren't we?"

Izuku looked over to Kyouka, folding the note back up and sliding it into his jacket pocket, "Do we have a choice?"

"In reality? Yes. Based on our record...No, we don't."

Izuku sighed, watching Kyoutoku pull up to the sidewalk in his car. They would hold off on revealing anything until shit stopped hitting the fan for five seconds. He turned around, looking through the automatic doors to see the receptionist at the front desk, wishing someone had seen who had left the letter.

If Tomura even was the one who left it. If one of the other League members left it, then who else was watching them?

Before turning back, he couldn't help but notice a colorful bandaid on the receptionist's arm. Was that there before?

He shook his head, banishing the mindless thoughts from his mind. He needed to think, distract himself from really worrying. "...Aldera."

Kyouka nodded, flinching only a little bit at the squeaking of her father's brakes, "Your middle school. Which means you were right, he's learning. What do you think he's getting at? Your past? Your quirklessness?"

"I don't know, but maybe? He didn't seem to care about One For All at the mall, so I don't know why he would care about whether or not I had a quirk beforehand. But, first, let's focus on how we're going to get out of everyone's sight when the time comes. I have a strong feeling that my mom and your parents are gonna be pretty attentive today."

"We'll figure it out." They stopped their hushed talk, getting into the car and driving off as the adults chatted. Izuku gazed out the window as the hospital went by, Kyouka's jacks in his hand to muffle the noise, and so she could focus on the pulse point on his wrist.

But, as they turned the corner onto the main road, Izuku's brow furrowed at what he saw.

Near an exit to the nearby parking garage was the receptionist. How did she get there so fast? That bandaid on her arm was gone too.

She caught eyes with Izuku as they drove by. She smiled widely and waved them goodbye. Ignoring that her smile seemed oddly creepy, Izuku swore that just for a split-second, her eyes glinted yellow in the sunlight.

Izuku turned back in his seat, his stomach churning as convinced himself that it was just his paranoia. Kyouka heard his heartbeat quicken, her own heart dropping as she watched him rub his scars with an unshakeable focus. But, she could tell it wasn't his scars that were bothering him.

Kyouka rested her head against his shoulder, covering his hand in hers. They were desperately hoping that after camp, they would be out of the dark.

But, it looked like there was no end in sight.

...~AIV~...

(Some Time Later: Kamino Ward Police Station: Tsukauchi's Office)

"You alright?"

Toshinori looked up from his intense focus on his wringing hands. How long had he been doing that? Long enough to where his eyes had to readjust as blood rushed away from his face. He had sat alone in Tsukauchi's office, getting some quiet from the hustle and bustle from the stressed officers.