Chapter 52

It had been two months since the team had taken down Vlad. Danny had become an official member of the team and was finally able to share his personal life and backstory with them. They were already close, but now all of them were even better friends than before. It felt like a load had been taken off his chest now that he no longer had to keep secrets from them.

Now that Vlad was gone, Dani decided she wanted to go back to exploring the world. It was hard, but she and Danny said goodbye once again. She planned on going to visit the pyramids in Egypt. The good news was Bruce offered to buy Dani a phone with unlimited data. Now, no matter where on earth she was, Danny could always get a hold of her.

Danny had also started becoming closer with his friends in Amity Park. Since defeating Vlad, he had already made several more visits. He even took Bruce and Dick along a couple of times to introduce them. Bruce made sure to thank Danny's teacher, Mr. Lancer, profusely. After all, thanks to his emails to Danny, English was the first class he got back up to an A. Alfred had started tutoring him, so now his lowest grade was a C. Slowly but surely, they were getting his grades back up.

The biggest change, however, was Danny's relationship at home. He was sharing more about himself for one thing. And that was a huge improvement from how he had acted when he first arrived at Wayne Manor. He told them about his ghostly adventures with his friends, some of his former foes, even more about the science behind his powers. Danny was really opening himself up.

"Dick, did you put the movie in?"

"Yeah, Bruce I got it." He took a seat on the couch next to Bruce.

"What are we watching?" Danny was sitting on the other side of Bruce.

"Star Wars!" Dick said grinning.

Bruce groaned, "Again?"

Dick looked insulted, "Star Wars is a cinematic masterpiece!"

"Didn't we watch that last movie night?" he asked with a sigh.

"Last week Danny picked A New Hope." Dick corrected. "My pick is Empire Strikes back. If you want, next week you can pick Return of the Jedi!"

Bruce thought about it. "I think I'll pass. You kids need to see a real cinematic masterpiece. Like Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, or Roman Holiday! Now those, are cinematic masterpieces!"

Danny snickered under his breath, "Okay Boomer..."

Bruce glared at him, "What did you just call me?"

Dick started laughing hysterically, "Dude, that is such an old meme!"

"But he totally set himself up for it!" Danny was practically crying from how hard he was laughing.

Bruce huffed, "I'll have you know I missed the Baby Boomer generation by three years thank you very much. Now Alfred on the other hand..."

He had just walked in carrying a tray of snacks. "I am a proud member of the Greatest Generation. Therefore, I am better than both of your generations combined. After all, it is in the name." They all continued laughing as the famous scroll flew across the screen.

An hour later, and Dick and Danny had both fallen asleep on Bruce's shoulders. Alfred smiled as the three of them slept and he placed blankets over them. Also making sure to take a quick picture before heading to bed. It was official. The Team had gained a new teammate. And Danny had gained a new family. And he wouldn't have it any other way...

The End.

(A/N - Merry Christmas everybody! :) Sorry, this chapter was shorter, I've never been very good at endings so I hope you don't mind too much. I would like to thank you all so much for reading this story. This has been the biggest story I have ever written. I spent a lot of time and effort on it, and it means so much to me to see you all reading it and enjoying it. This year has been a horrible year for everybody. When I first started writing this story over 2 years ago, I had no idea I would be uploading it at a time like this. In a way, I'm glad I did. It brought me a bit of normalcy at the end of every week, and my hope is that it was able to make at least a few of you smile throughout this terrible year. At the same time, I am defiantly glad it's over. Now I can go back to uploading only one story every week! XD Also, my backlog of stories that I have written can finally go up again! For those that don't know, (Although I'm sure you have all figured out by now) I write all of my stories ahead of time. I have a big folder on my desktop filled with dozens of subfolders, one for each fandom. Every time I finish a story, it goes in the respective folder. I have a separate folder for stories I'm currently working on, stories I'm ready to upload, and stories that have already been uploaded. So that is three folders for every fandom. Plus, I have a folder for each full of pictures that I might use for covers. The point of me telling you this, is probably back in July, I went into one of my folders to find a story to upload and I barely had any left, so I quickly had to write some things so that I could at least finish off 2020. But I have a decent-sized catalog again so crisis averted. Sorry though if some of the other stories I uploaded weren't all that great. I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel for awhile there. Well, I think that's all I have to say. I don't want the author's note to be longer than the chapter itself. Thank you all again so much. By the next time I see you, it'll be 2021. Here's to hoping it's better than 2020! One last time, Stay whelmed and go Ghost! Merry Christmas everybody and Happy New Year!) 

🎉 You've finished reading A New Teammate and A New Family (A Danny Phantom and Young Justice Fan Fiction) 🎉