Chapter 33

As soon as Danny heard Bruce walking back towards the fire, he went ghost. Danny flew through the tent and went off to find Youngblood.

"Hey! Ghost kid!" Danny flew further into the woods. "Boo!"

He quickly spun around and Youngblood was laughing at him. "Will you leave me alone already?! I'm trying to have a nice, relaxing weekend, and you're ruining that for me!"

"I'm just trying to make your life more interesting." He said with a smile.

"That's it..." Danny suddenly tackled him. The two started wrestling on the ground. Danny didn't want to use his powers, because that would give away his location. However, youngblood couldn't be seen, so he didn't have to follow the same rules. He blasted Danny in the chest, and he flew into a tree. "What happened to... no major injury?" Danny wheezed as he caught his breath.

"Sir," the parrot flew over to the ghost, "We should be going. Anymore, and we would be breaking the agreement."

"Oh, all right." He said sadly. "See you later looser!" he then flew off into the night.

~time skip~

"What do you mean he's not in his tent?" Bruce said standing up.

Dick rolled his eyes, "What else would I mean other than, Danny's not in his tent?!"

"Where could he have gone?" Alfred questioned.

"Stay calm, Bruce took a deep breath. "He probably just had to go to the bathroom again. Let's check the woods..."

~time skip~

"I'll check here, you two go over there..."

"Shoot..." Danny hissed; they must have realized he wasn't in the tent. Danny shifted against the tree he was leaning on. He wasn't injured very badly, he just needed to catch his breath. Unfortunately, he didn't have the time. He changed back, right as the voices came closer.

"Danny!"

"Oh, hey Bruce." He stood up slowly. "Were you looking for me?"

"Where did you go?" he asked.

"I just needed some air for a second." Danny replied. "Sorry if I worried you."

"It's okay." Bruce told him. "Just let us know before you go running off next time."

"Sure." Danny nodded as they walked back to camp. After that, everyone went to bed.

~time skip~

The next morning, they all got up early to go hiking. Alfred smiled and took a deep breath, "You can't beat the smell of the outdoors. The air is so pure and clean."

Bruce nodded, "I love living in Gotham, but the air is atrocious."

Danny snorted, "No kidding! Everywhere you go, it smells terrible. I don't know how you could stand living here all your life."

"It's not so much the city, but the people I have met along the way." He answered. "Some of my greatest friends I have met in Gotham. I don't stay here because I like the city. I stay here, because I would hate to leave them. I also like to think, that there might be a bit of good I can do here."

Danny smiled to himself. By 'good' he was sure he was talking about the Batman. "I guess that's true. I never dreamed of leaving Amity Park but... here I am..." he said sadly.

"Would you like to visit?" Bruce asked suddenly.

"Huh?" Danny was confused.

"Would you like to visit Amity Park?" Bruce clarified. "You could miss school on Friday next week. Get on a train after school Thursday and stay until Sunday afternoon."

"Really?!" Danny's eyes lit up.

"Sure." Bruce smiled. "I'll call the school this week to tell them that you won't be there Friday. It'll be good to see some of your old friends. Don't worry, Dick and I can hold down the fort while you're gone."

Danny couldn't stop smiling, he was so excited. Sure, the best things about Amity Park were now gone, but it was still home. He hadn't been back since he moved. It would be good to see it again.

Once they were finished hiking, they went back to the campsite and cleaned up. They then started home. In the car, all Danny could think about was the fact that five days from now, he would finally be going home. 

(A/N - Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Stay whelmed and go ghost!)