Chapter 18

Alfred waited patiently for Danny outside the school gates. It seemed to be taking him longer than normal, but he didn't mind. After a while though, he was starting to get concerned. He was about to call his cell phone when the back door finally opened.

"Good afternoon master Danny. Did you have a good day at school?" Alfred smiled at him in the rear-view mirror but was shocked by what he saw. He turned around to get a better look at the boy. "Master Danny, what happened."

Danny just looked out the window. "It's nothing..."

Alfred sighed and pulled the car away from the school. When Bruce got home, he was not going to be happy...

~time skip~

"Good evening Alfred."

Alfred smiled at Bruce as he walked through the door. "Good evening master Bruce. How was work?"

He sighed, "The same as usual. All those executives care about, is making more money. Lucius says hello though."

Alfred smiled, "That's good."

"How was it with just you and Danny today?" he asked.

Alfred bit his lip, "About that sir..."

~time skip~

"Danny? Can I come in?" Bruce knocked on the door.

"Yeah." He turned the knob.

When he walked in, he was not prepared for what he saw. Alfred had told him that Danny was injured, but he didn't say how bad. Danny was sitting on his bed working on homework. Bruce noticed the bruises covering his face immediately. He had a black eye, and his lip was busted. However, by the way, he was sitting, it looked like his chest might have been hurt as well.

"What happened?" Bruce asked full of concern.

Danny looked away, "It's nothing..."

Bruce frowned, "Danny, this isn't nothing. Who did this to you? Someone at school?"

Danny sighed, "Look, it's no big deal. This kind of thing happens to me all the time."

"You getting beat up?" Bruce asked with surprise.

Danny changed his response, "Well, not since coming to Gotham. At my old school, this kind of thing happened a lot. I'm just used to it."

Bruce sat on the bed next to him, "Danny, a kid your age shouldn't have to get used to things like that. Now, who did this?"

Danny sighed, "It was that Chad guy that was picking on Dick."

Bruce became even angrier. Now, this guy was picking on both of his kids. He wasn't going to let that go. "Alright, well, if you need anything, I'm going to be in my study." Danny nodded and Bruce walked out the door. He had a few phone calls to make.

~time skip~

The next morning, Danny woke up early. As he feared, the bruises were completely gone. He left a note for Alfred on the kitchen counter. He told him that he had decided to walk to school. That would at least give him a little more time before they saw his bruises had healed.

When he got to school, he tried to lay low so that Chad wouldn't notice him either. However, it appeared Chad wasn't actually at school. That was odd...

Danny made it through the day and walked out to the car. Well, he couldn't hide it any longer. "Good afternoon master Danny." Alfred greeted. "I hope today was better than yesterday." However, his eyes widened when he saw Danny in the mirror. "What happened to your bruises?"

Danny shrugged, "I heal fast..."

~time skip~

When Bruce got home, he was just as shocked as Alfred. "How is that possible?" he asked after having seen Danny.

Alfred shook his head, "I don't know sir. He told me that he's always been able to heal fast."

Bruce started thinking, "There is no way he could have healed that fast..."

Alfred shrugged, "Are you going to tell him you think he's lying?"

Bruce sighed, "No. I can't do that... this is very odd though..."

~time skip~

Danny laid on his bed as he waited for Bruce to go on patrol. Dick would be back from his mission tomorrow night. Hopefully, that would take some of the focus off of Danny again. He was afraid Bruce might be getting suspicious of something...

(A/N - Hey guys! :) Thanks for reading! I hope you liked it! :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)